- - - - -

Server Move - COMPLETE

If you are seeing this post, then you are on the new server.
CocoonTech has been growing very rapidly during the last year, to the point I have to upgrade the server again.  I will probably move the content sometime this weekend, but because this is a complex process, I can't give an exact date/time.

That said, the way I am moving the data should allow me to do this switch, with minimum downtime.  DNS will not change, so you don't have to worry about manually editing your HOSTS file in order to get access right away.

Once the new server is online, I will post another message, which will only be visible if you are connecting to the new server.

If you notice any bugs, or have any questions, PLEASE let me know.  This is not a software upgrade, only a hardware upgrade, so the site should look and behave exactly like it did before the switch (just a little faster with less downtime).

Last but not least, this will not affect the chat service, so I highly recommend you stop by and say hello if you do get bored.

Thank you for your patience, and have a great weekend!

15 Comments

Awesome Dan. Good luck.

Good luck and have fun. Keep the Red Bull handy.

Thanks Dan!

Photo
Dan (electron)
Mar 25 2013 08:11 PM

Move in progress now.

Photo
Dan (electron)
Mar 25 2013 08:21 PM

Move complete.  Please report any bugs, thanks!

Note sure if you are aware Dan but the forum has been on and off line all day today Tuesday, 3/26.  Not thinking its a DNS thing cuz I do get the base page that states there is nothing running.

Photo
Dan (electron)
Mar 26 2013 06:28 PM

I just found out an hour or so ago that some people were using www.cocoontech.com, so I re-added the redirect to cocoontech.com.  As far as I know, this should cover all the issues.  If you are still having problems, let me know please, thanks!

All good! God speed!

Not sure if its only me, but the redirect to www.cocontech.com does not seem to be working. I tried multiple computers and ISPs (work and home). This results that all the inline links to posts or threads are also do not load. Tried with Firefox, Chrome and IE
Photo
Dan (electron)
Apr 02 2013 09:56 AM

The redirect stopped working, am working on this right now, sorry about that.

Here I changed all my links to cocoontech dot com.

Photo
Dan (electron)
Apr 02 2013 12:56 PM

Pete, are you not able to specify links?  Only newbies have that restriction.

Photo
Dan (electron)
Apr 02 2013 01:42 PM

Redirect issue has been resolved.

Always have Dan.

This past weekend though the dub dub dub links didn't work mostly; so one by one whatever device I was on just changed the links to ct dot com.  (pc's, laptops and tablets)

I confirm that the redirect working as intended. Thanks!