#1 Ajey

Ajey

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:27 AM

Hi Guys

I have a Premise 2.1 server working fine for about six months. Suddenly i found that the server is shut down. When i try to start the server service (from the services manager of Windows XP) it starts momentarily and shuts down immediately. Any clues as to why this might be happening? Thanks in advance.

Ajey

#2 John in VA

John in VA

Dedicated Cocooner

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 240 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Software:Premise
  • Tech:INSTEON
  • Audio:Nuvo
  • Video:Windows Media Center
  • CCTV:analog, ip, dvr
  • Phone:Vonage

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

I had this happen to me once before. My issue was a corrupt configuration. Do you keep backups of your config? If so, reset the config in Builder and re-import your backup.

#3 Ajey

Ajey

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:00 AM

Hi John,

thanks for your reply. Yes i think i do have backups (in the backup folder). However, how can i reset the config? I mean with the sys service not starting, how can i connect to it using the builder? Thanks for your help.

Ajey

#4 John in VA

John in VA

Dedicated Cocooner

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 240 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Software:Premise
  • Tech:INSTEON
  • Audio:Nuvo
  • Video:Windows Media Center
  • CCTV:analog, ip, dvr
  • Phone:Vonage

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:27 AM

I don't have the box infront of me, but I believe there is an SLS file somewhere in the Premise tree you can rename to something like *.sls_save. Premise should start like an out of the box server. Do you see any files in the Premise tree with a *.BAD extension? Another thing I found was in certain rare situations, a piece of media with a special character (like the ampersand) in the title would cause Premise to fail. Did you recently import a bunch of music files just prior to Premise failing to start?

#5 JimSpr

JimSpr

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:46 PM

Actually, the file you are looking for is slserver.xdo. it is in c:\program files\premise\sys\schema. However, the problem is likely an invalid XML character. Copy slserver.xdo to slserver.xml and open slserver.xml in Internet Explorer. If there is a problem with the file, you will see an error from IE.

If you can't figure it out, delete slserver.xdo and restart the sys service. You should have a clean config.

--jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users