HAL Branded UPB Items on Sale

Techvet

There have been some past posts about the HAL branded UPB items that were manufactured by SAI. Well, it appears that Fry's is clearing out the remainder of their stock. A couple of months back the US11-30W equivalent switches were cleared out at $5.95 each. Now they are clearing out the USR1-30-W equivalent remotes at $4.90 each. Also on sale are the Appliance Modules and the Lamp Modules at the same $4.90 price. These Appliance and Lamp Modules are 2 prong only, so they differ some from the normal SAI type, but my understanding is that they are SAI manufactured units with the same electrical specs as the SAI units (300W Lamp and 12A Appliance.) The Fry's - Duluth GA store had ample stocks of all, but at these prices they should go fast.

There have been some past posts about the HAL branded UPB items that were manufactured by SAI. Well, it appears that Fry's is clearing out the remainder of their stock. A couple of months back the US11-30W equivalent switches were cleared out at $5.95 each. Now they are clearing out the USR1-30-W equivalent remotes at $4.90 each. Also on sale are the Appliance Modules and the Lamp Modules at the same $4.90 price. These Appliance and Lamp Modules are 2 prong only, so they differ some from the normal SAI type, but my understanding is that they are SAI manufactured units with the same electrical specs as the SAI units (300W Lamp and 12A Appliance.) The Fry's - Duluth GA store had ample stocks of all, but at these prices they should go fast.

I've gotten a fair quantity of all of these in the past. They work well. Unfortunately my Fry's NEVER seems to have the regular switches in stock. But I will head there and get whatever I can at those prices.

Unfortunately I don't live anywhere near a frys, but if someone could pick some of these up for me I'd be forever greatful... I'd also be happy to pay you a bit for your time and gas. I'm particularly interested in the switches, but I'd also take a few of the remotes and the lamp and appliance modules. Please PM me if you can help me:)

Thanks,
Brett

Unfortunately I don't live anywhere near a frys, but if someone could pick some of these up for me I'd be forever greatful... I'd also be happy to pay you a bit for your time and gas. I'm particularly interested in the switches, but I'd also take a few of the remotes and the lamp and appliance modules. Please PM me if you can help me:)

Thanks,
Brett
[/quote]

My nearest Fry's is a good 2 hours away (ATL area), but there are two locations there. I was at the one store yesterday and I don't know if my travels will put me there in the next few days, but if so I'll definitely let you know. FWIW, I doubt you'll find many switches left. Those seemed to clear out rather quickly back when they went on sale. Neither ATL store had many of them, but both ATL stores had tons of Remotes along with the Lamp and Appliance Modules. When they cleared out the switches, the prices of the Modules and Remotes were ~$20 each. I thought it was odd they were not marking those down at the same time, but they've obviously realized the futility of trying to sell them at the regular price and appear to simply want them off the shelves.

they also have some intermatic zwave stuff on sale - ha06c dimmer and ha09c remote - for $27.90

i picked up a bunch of the upb modules. i would be interested in trading upb lamp or appliance modules for upb switches.

the appliance modules don't seem to have local control. i have a fan connected to an appliance module and can't get it to turn on if i turn the fan's switch off & on. worked just fine w/ x10. can anybody confirm this? the lamp modules do have local control and send status when they turn on and it's configurable in upstart. i was hoping the appliance modules would work the same way.

No local control!

Yeah, I just realized this too after spending an hour out the the garage hardwiring in a module to my overhead lights. 8-(

I was surprised it didn't work via local control and then when I checked the UPStart I saw nothing to set this. I'm working with UPStart build 4.8 and didn't try going back to an older version to see if it worked. Anybody try an earlier version?

gk

the appliance modules don't seem to have local control. i have a fan connected to an appliance module and can't get it to turn on if i turn the fan's switch off & on. worked just fine w/ x10. can anybody confirm this? the lamp modules do have local control and send status when they turn on and it's configurable in upstart. i was hoping the appliance modules would work the same way.

Back