Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Speak Audrey, speak!


  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 123

123

    Cocoonut

  • Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2170 posts
  • Location:Montreal, QC
  • Experience:average
  • Software:Premise
  • Hardware:Elk M1

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:55 AM

I hope this post will saves someone the many hours I spent debugging an Audrey speech problem.

Bottom line is: Ensure the Audrey is equipped with the correct version of playsound_noph. This one works[/url] and its size (81Kb) is substantially larger than the versions that don't (11kb).

I was using the playsound_noph version included in Pete Flaherty's Mr. Audrey image (OS image for the Audrey for use with MisterHouse). It refused to pull WAV files from the Premise web server but had no issues with MisterHouse's web server.

I reviewed the documentation provided with Michael McSharry's mcsAudrey Homeseer plugin, and it gave me hope that there should be a way of making this work with Premise's web server. I discovered on this site that there's a bug in the original release ... it appends a slash character at the end of URL! That doesn't bother MisterHouse's web server (it should) but the corrupted URL is rejected by Premise's web server.

So now it is possible for Premise to perform Text-To-Speech (using the SAPI COM object or via Rob Brun's SAPI driver) and push the resulting WAV file to one or more Audreys.

I plan to write an Audrey driver to simplify the process of controlling Audreys from Premise.

Edited by 123, 08 June 2008 - 10:56 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users