When can you benefit from Exit Delay 2?

What has to happen to make the M1 use Exit Delay 2?

An Area can be assigned two sets of Entry and Exit Delays. I believe the default values are:

Entry/Exit 1 = 30/45 seconds
Entry/Exit 2 = 30/60 seconds

Assuming the following zone programming:
Front Door = "Burglar Entry/Exit 1"
Back Door = "Burglar Entry/Exit 2"

If you arm the M1 in Away mode, it will start counting down a 45 second Exit timer (i.e. Exit 1).
If you proceed to leave via the Back Door, will the timer be adjusted to accomodate the longer exit delay (60 seconds)? If not, when is Exit Delay 2 activated?

I don't have an Elk panel, but I do have a DSC panel and mine works like this...

Assume exit delay 1 is 45 seconds and exit delay 2 is 60 seconds. If I arm the alarm and don't open the back door then it will have a 45 second exit delay. If I arm the alarm and open the back door any time during the first 45 second delay then I will have an additional 60 seconds from the time I opened the back door. So if I open the back door at the 40 second mark then I will have a total of 100 seconds from the time I armed the alarm until the exit delay expires.

HTH,
Brett

Thanks for your quick reply. My friend has a DSC panel and he also reported that the timers are cumulative.

Can anyone confirm that an ELK M1 panel works the same way?

If you have a longer delay, once you go through a shorter delayed point, the delay is going to be knocked down to the shorter delay. It's not going to increase the entry time on any other point, just the points are going to go into alarm at different times.

What is being referenced here is "exit delay restart" which is a false alarm reduction feature. Most, if not all panels will observe an exit delay restart as part of CP-01 defaults unless modified.

You can arm, open and close the delayed point, then reopen and restart the exit times (if programmed) but it will not affect the entry time.

Back