Introductions

aard3

Thanks to electron for creating this subforum.

Well I guess I'll get things started with an introduction.

My names Aaron Ard and I'm an Embedded Systems Engineer at HAI. I work on a variety of things here at HAI, but stay close to things related closely to the Omni and Lumina series controllers.

Welcome to Cocoontech, Aaron!

Welcome to the party; better late than never! We're all pleased to learn that HAI has added the Cocoontech community to their crowdsourcing initiative. You'll find us to be inquisitive, demanding, and resourceful (oh, did I forget humble?). This is the beginning of a beautiful partnership ...

I'm Greg Rhoades, HAI's Marketing and Website Coordinator.

I'll be able to answer some questions that our engineers aren't authorized to respond to.

In addition to the technical support team, HAI also has a 24/7 Knowledge Base ( http://kb.homeauto.com ) where you can view FAQ and tons of articles on programming, installation, and configuratiion of systems.

Stay up to date with product releases/enhancements via HAI's blog, http://blog.homeauto.com

(In 2008, HAI released more new/enhanced products than any year in our 23 year history!)

Hi, I'm Greer Duncan - HAI's Webmaster and corporate blogger.

I'm looking forward to participating in this forum.

Welcome to CocoonTech HAI! I'm sure alot of people will benefit with your presence here.

Greer - I did not want to post back in the other topic but you said

Based upon today's comments, the HAI website portion for How to Buy has been cleaned up.

I took a quick look at in and I just had a question. Why is Automated Outlet not listed as a retail distribution partner? I know they sell wholesale to distributors as well and they are listed there, but the are also a long time CocoonTech supporter and I know they sell alot of your product so I think it would be 'fair' to have them on your Retail page like the others?

We used to have guests come to Friday night chat sessions, perhaps it makes sense for HAI to schedule a guest appearance there also to do live Q&A?

Hi, I'm Greer Duncan - HAI's Webmaster and corporate blogger.

I'm looking forward to participating in this forum.

Hi Greer, I'm Paul. I don't automate, and I generally only post when I can make someone angry.

I look forward to posting pictures of cats with funny captions at all the wrong times.

Why is Automated Outlet not listed as a retail distribution partner? I know they sell wholesale to distributors as well and they are listed there, but the are also a long time CocoonTech supporter and I know they sell alot of your product so I think it would be 'fair' to have them on your Retail page like the others?

Retailers that wish to get listed on that web page have to be approved by Jay McLellan, HAI's CEO. If Automated Outlet (or any other retailer) wishes to be listed on that page, they should contact Jay.

We used to have guests come to Friday night chat sessions, perhaps it makes sense for HAI to schedule a guest appearance there also to do live Q&A?

I'm sure we could do a Friday night chat session. I would recommend waiting until after our big Firmware Version 3.0 release, which is due out by year-end.

Greetings and salutations...

My name is Fred Hebert and I am a senior software engineer with HAI.

My primary function is developing an supporting PC software that is used in conjunction with HAI hardware.

Hello everyone,

My name is Ryan Arbour and I am a Embedded Systems Engineer for HAI. Long time lurker, first time poster. I work mainly on the peripherals for the Omni and am constantly developing new products for our line. I develop both hardware and software for these peripherals so ask away if you have any questions.

I look forward to having some type of contact with the outside world, even if this forum provides no sunlight. ;)

Ryan Arbour

Welcome to all the HAI representatives joining us. I think there are quite a few HAI (Aegis?) users that hang out here. Besides the great opportunity to discuss technical topics I expect you will find a great deal of interest in hearing about upcoming products or other HAI news that you are willing to share with the community. Any details on new the touch screens or IP intercom features that you would like to share?

Welcome to CT HAI. Many of us have been waiting for this day and it has finally come!!! Just so that we understand our limits, please let us know what kind of support you will be providing. I assume technical support for all of the HAI product line. But, will you be providing support for integration with other products? What about your receptiveness to integration requests? Thanks and again, welcome!

Welcome HAIers to Cocoontech. I am looking forward to your input on expanding the home automation knowledge base on Cocoontech.

Tell Jay hello!

I also welcome HAI to the Cocoontech board!

I would like to address this question:

Why is Automated Outlet not listed as a retail distribution partner?

First of all, you should know that we are HAI's third or forth largest distributor worldwide. We sell quite a bit both to installers and also to end users. To be listed on HAI's website as a retail distributor, you have to post prices at list price. As you know, our prices are not at list price. Some other vendors list the price as list price but then you put the item into the shopping cart and the price magically changes. We don't play those games. We just list what we consider a fair price to start with.

You will see Automated Outlet listed under the other sections of the HAI website but not in that section.

Welcome to all the HAI folks coming on board. I am honestly glad you're here and I'm sure you will all have much to bring to the party. The timing stinks, though, as I am in the process of pulling all my automation business away from HAI, for good, and switching over to Elk for back end control. I do dig the product (well, most of it) but it's time to move on. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about my migration. In the meantime, I love this site and look forward to HAI's contributions.

Welcome HAI... A few months ago, I chose Elk purely because I thought their keypads were sexier and I liked that they were accessible on the forums for advanced DIYers - but I'm very happy to see that HAI is now showing their face in the DIY forum I'm used to. This forum is way beyond the average DIYer with some very advanced individual with electromechanical, engineering, computer programming, and all other experiences - without getting totally out of control like some other AVS-related forums. It's a great community to hang out. I look forward to learning more about the HAI products as well.

Back