58 replies to this topic

#46 rayzor

rayzor

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

@rayzor,  It would be great to work this library into a plugin for Open Source Automation (OSA) since it is also .NET based.  Elk support for OSA would definitely widen its appeal but I don't have an Elk.

Thanks - I will take a look into that. I am hoping to make my own 'dashboard' for all of my home automation. Nothing out there gives the WAF that I desire :(

#47 Automate

Automate

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Software:Open Source Automation
  • Hardware:DSC
  • Tech:X10-PLC, X10-RF, INSTEON, Z-Wave, ZigBee, 1-Wire
  • Phone:VoIP via ISP

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

OSA has a WPF based GUI and a ASP.NET web site but both could use some improvement.  OSA also has an open API and REST service so you could create your own dashboard.

#48 keithnet

keithnet

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

Reviving an old topic. I am working on a C# library to access the Elk M1 XEP ethernet interface. Would be willing to share if there is interest, otherwise i'll just keep it for my own project.

Very interested! I'm willing to help test, you're looking for help.

Thanks!

-Keith

#49 rayzor

rayzor

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Very interested! I'm willing to help test, you're looking for help.

Thanks!

-Keith

Working on making it rock solid and implementing more of the protocol - will probably target a release after my trip here soon - so hoping for July 4th timeframe.

#50 keithnet

keithnet

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

Working on making it rock solid and implementing more of the protocol - will probably target a release after my trip here soon - so hoping for July 4th timeframe.

Any update?

#51 rayzor

rayzor

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:43 AM

Any update?

I have it probably about 50% complete. The whole framework is there and it is working, it is simply a matter of reading through the manual, deciphering the codes, and writing out 10-15 lines of code each one. I haven't given up yet.

#52 Trucktruck

Trucktruck

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:24 AM

It seems no update there.

#53 rworkman98

rworkman98

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:56 PM

I have an iphone interface for the Elk M1 that I have written and have been using(via the iphone SDK). It has a level of capability somewhere between the two eKeypad versions. The code itself is very basic, probably a day of development and a day or two of testing(over a period of time). I have been reading about interest for an iphone interface and am tempted to offer it as open source and look into submitting the collective output to apple every few months or so.
Is anyone interested in such an idea? As far as I can tell there is no license associated with the Elk RS-232 protocol(or at least not when I downloaded it, let me know if this is not true), and the app source would have to be protected with a GPL-like license to prevent it from being commercialized. I hesitate because I do not want to harm any commercial innovation being done via eKeypad, but I am also eternally grateful for the wonderful (and often very complex) applications out there under freeware/shareware/open-source licenses.

I am very interested in taking a look at your code, if you don't mind sharing! I am looking to play around a bit on IOS, but have not yet found any information on the communication to the M1XEP. Please let me know if you have a link to your code on github or elsewhere, or if you wouldn't mind sharing at least the Objective-C or Swift for communicating back and forth with the M1XEP. Thanks!

#54 drvnbysound

drvnbysound

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2857 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Hardware:Elk M1
  • Tech:Z-Wave
  • Audio:Custom
  • Video:SageTV
  • CCTV:analog, ip, dvr

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:59 PM

I am very interested in taking a look at your code, if you don't mind sharing! I am looking to play around a bit on IOS, but have not yet found any information on the communication to the M1XEP. Please let me know if you have a link to your code on github or elsewhere, or if you wouldn't mind sharing at least the Objective-C or Swift for communicating back and forth with the M1XEP. Thanks!

You noticed the post you quoted was from 2008 right???

#55 rworkman98

rworkman98

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:48 PM

You noticed the post you quoted was from 2008 right???

Yes. I did. But the code really hasn't changed. Although there are many new features, Objective C code written for iPhone in 2008 will still for the most part work in 2017. Are you aware of anywhere that the communication is documented? Really the only part I'm looking for is the communication over port 2601 to the M1XEP from the external interface. I can't find where that was documented. The rest (UI / actions) is pretty easy. :)

#56 wuench

wuench

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1659 posts
  • Experience:guru
  • Software:Harmony, Open Source Automation
  • Hardware:Elk M1, ISY-99
  • Tech:INSTEON, Z-Wave
  • Audio:Sonos
  • Video:Custom
  • CCTV:ip
  • Phone:OBi100/110

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:53 PM

The protocol is the same ASCII one used over RS232.  Just over telnet (with authentication) in an SSL tunnel.   If you get it working over 2101 then you would just need to wrap it in SSL to do 2601.

Edited by wuench, 19 February 2017 - 02:54 PM.

#57 rworkman98

rworkman98

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:10 AM

The protocol is the same ASCII one used over RS232.  Just over telnet (with authentication) in an SSL tunnel.   If you get it working over 2101 then you would just need to wrap it in SSL to do 2601.

That's fantastic! I now have a sample Objective-C app working over port 2101 using CFStreamCreatePairWithSocketToHost. The only thing I'm still trying to find now is the syntax for passing authentication (user name / password) to the M1XEP. For some reason, they have all the samples in that doc over unencrypted, but no sample on sending the authentication...

#58 lathiat

lathiat

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:48 AM

That's fantastic! I now have a sample Objective-C app working over port 2101 using CFStreamCreatePairWithSocketToHost. The only thing I'm still trying to find now is the syntax for passing authentication (user name / password) to the M1XEP. For some reason, they have all the samples in that doc over unencrypted, but no sample on sending the authentication...

You can find examples of authentication in some of the open source ELK code around.  For example, both elkington and elkmon (nodejs solutions) have code for it.

It appears to be super simple and send back a "Username:" and "Password:" prompt which you simply reply with the username and password plus CRLF(\r\n)

https://github.com/k...er/index.js#L49

#59 jessep

jessep

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:03 PM

Rayzor, I know it's been a few years, but I still run an M1 Gold w/XEP module, and am looking to do something similar.  Do you have C# code (working or not) that you're willing to share?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users