Premise Send IR signal with mSense media stop?

Motorola Premise

samgreco

Let me try to explain :)

I have one of my zones (using Xantech ZPR-68 matrix) going out to the receiver in my living room, being used as an amplifier. Normally, when you stop any media from playing, the Xantech gets muted for that zone. For some reason, the zone with the external receiver doesn't get muted. So if I have a radio station selected, for instance, it keeps playing.

How do I get Premise to send an IR signal to kill the receiver when I hit stop on any media?

Sam

hmmm...I have a ZPR-68 zone output going into the Family Room as a stereo input (for MP3s), which sounds similar to your set-up. If I stop the MP3s from playing in the Family Room zone, the zone gets muted as the media stops playing. Is this the same action you are getting? Or do you still have the media playing (radio?). If the media is still playing, then the ZPR-68 hasnt recognized the media has stopped. It sounds like the connection path may need to be tweaked...(sorry, but I'm doing this blindly, sitting here in Hawaii w/ just my dummy .xdo....)

It should be Home->Room->Media Zone->Device->Content(MediaShortcut). (Media->Content->RadioStationList->RadioStation) From the browser, you should be able to select the content (RadioStation MediaShortcut). The controls should go from 'stop' to 'play'. In the properties for that MediaZone, you should see : MediaContent as 'now playing' (FM_RadioStation); playMode: NormalPlay; ResourceStatus- Availaibilty (reserved) Resource (device_name); Audio (Device_name); RadioTuner; (preset; device_name; preset); AudioVideo Switch (current Source; tuner). When you stop, the CurrentSource, Availability, PlayMode, AV Switch, etc should go to (none)...
Or it could just be the Mai Tas talking :D

OK, enough of the Hawaii talk! We just got 5 inches of snow last night :(

Sounds exactly like your setup. But mine does not mute. I only notice it with radio because I never turn off the tuner, so there is always a signal. So the receiver in the LR will continue to pass the radio signal even after I have stopped it. With MP3/WMA files, they of course stop. But the "connection" remains live.

I'll dig into what you posted. But when you get back could you post your setup for that zone? I am wondering if the way I've set it up may be the issue.

Enjoy your warmth :D

OK, enough of the Hawaii talk! We just got 5 inches of snow last night :(

Sounds exactly like your setup. But mine does not mute. I only notice it with radio because I never turn off the tuner, so there is always a signal. So the receiver in the LR will continue to pass the radio signal even after I have stopped it. With MP3/WMA files, they of course stop. But the "connection" remains live.

I'll dig into what you posted. But when you get back could you post your setup for that zone? I am wondering if the way I've set it up may be the issue.

Enjoy your warmth ;)
I'm back in sunny California....(yeah...30 degrees and raining!)....So hopefully, I will have attached some .xdos for ya....I don't have a tuner, as reception in the mountains is flaky, so I added a phantom tuner. The steps (john, 123, et al, feel free to chime in!)
1. Created a Tuner device under customer devices. I called it 'SamsTest'.
2. Create media for the tuner by adding a RadioProvider and 4 stations, both AM and FM.
3. Used Input2 on my ZPR68-10 for the tuner.
4. Added a Media Shortcut in the LivingRoom for the RadioProvider. Under RadioProvider, it will have the four stations I created under Media, viewable once you select RadioProvider
5. Added the Tuner Device in the LR MediaZone. (I already have identified a Media Zone for LR on the ZPR68-10 - in this case, Zone 1)
6. IMPORTANT! I did not do this, but you will need to! When I created the tuner, I used the default settings for the custom device, which is IR Comms and tuner (I think). Under SamsTest (Tuner Name), in the properties field, there are a set of fields called 'InfraRed Communication'. There are the transmit and receive choices. I use a GC-100. You would need to identify which IR port you use to control it. (Of course, you have to add the correct IR commands for the device). There is also a Property called 'Monitored Power'. It really helps if you can do this using a power or voltage sensor. If you have a Serial Controllable Tuner, then you would use the Serial Properties.
7. Now, from the Premise Browser, under the LR Media Zone, you should see the content called RadioProvider, be able to select it and then one of the Radio Stations. If you have the Builder open, with focus on the LR Media Zone, you will see the source change, etc in the Properties field(s). The IR for power, station change will happen when you change content. When you move away from the tuner, for instance, to MP3s, the tuner should turn off.

Let me know how this goes....(BTW, use at your own peril!)

Attachments

• samstuner.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 14
Wow. You didn't have to go so far out of your way ;) I appreciate it. Hopefully I'll have time later to give this a go. Although I'm not sure we're on the same page. But I'll let you know when I have time to go over this.

I really do appreciate it.

Back