[CES 2009] Exclusive Updates - Peak Software

BraveSirRobbin

CocoonTech CES 2009 Exclusive Updates:
logo.jpg

CocoonTech stopped by the Control 4 booth's Peak Software display.

Peak Software incorporated data from a TED Home Energy measurement system into a Control 4 display. They also incorporated the data into various graphs and usage information (history and real time) so a home user can now see various aspects of their energy consumption on their television display!

(Click on Picture for Full Sized Image)

SUMMARY00lg.jpg

The display graphics were very impressive.

You can also view your energy usage via an IPhone interface as shown below.

Please visit Peak Software's web site for more information on their TED energy measurement integration.

This looks really nice. The TED seems really cool but I can't wrap my head around spending a bunch of money on hardware and software just to save money in electricity. It seems like one of those things that people want to have for curiosity sake but could live without.

Many of you have already purchased and installed these monitoring devices. It would be cool to create a matrix with the data collected by everyone who does own one.

This looks really nice. The TED seems really cool but I can't wrap my head around spending a bunch of money on hardware and software just to save money in electricity. It seems like one of those things that people want to have for curiosity sake but could live without.

Many of you have already purchased and installed these monitoring devices. It would be cool to create a matrix with the data collected by everyone who does own one.
i agree re the money. and i hear that TED interferes with x10 signals on the line.

A little OT, but I am looking forward to the new ECM-1240 from Brultech. Having a device that just measures your total energy usage isn't that helpful IMHO. I'm excited about the 5 AUX channels that the ECM-1240 will have. That way I can monitor not just the entire energy used, but also 5 different appliances/circuits. So I'll be able to tell exactly how much energy my HVAC system is really using, or the pool pump, etc.

Then you can make some changes and really see the effect. IE Does turning down the heat at night really effect my energy use? How much money will I save if I run the pool pump 4 hours instead of 8 hours, etc, etc, etc.

So I think having a system like this COULD help reduce your total energy cost. Of course it may take a couple of years before you save enough to justify the cost of the equipment (approx $200 for the new 1240). But I think these devices will pay for themselves over time.

Back