[CES 2009] Exclusive Updates - Fast Finger Keyboards

BraveSirRobbin

CocoonTech CES 2009 Exclusive Updates:
Fast Finger Keyboards

Here is a unique product that I found while walking the aisles of CES 2009. It's a keyboard especially designed for the "hunt and peck/one-finger" typist.

This keyboard's keys are laid out in alphabetical order (you can switch to "QWERTY" mode also) to make those two fingers type as efficiently (oxymoron?) as possible.

This product also has shortcut keys for chatting/instant messaging such as "LOL", "TTYL", and (my favorite) "CYA".

IMO, this is a great product for the person who will never convert to conventional typing (you know who you are). The price is $28 plus shipping and can can be ordered directly from their website.

This keyboard features a USB interface and requires no software for its installation.

(Click on Picture for Full Sized Image)

Visit fastfingerkeyboards.com for additional information.

Interesting idea, but I'd have to wonder...if you're searching for a key, is it really going to be any faster if the keys are in a particular order? You're not going to be singing the alphabet song in your head to figure out where the next one is, it's really more of pattern matching than anything. I'd think it'd be hard to convert to this, just because I'd imagine most hunter-peckers have already semi-memorized where keys are.

*shrug*

Or just take a typing class. After 12 years of public school and 6 years of college, I can easily say that the typing class I took in 10th grade has made the most long-term impact on my life.

Back