Premise IRiver

Motorola Premise
C

chucklyons

Long story, but one of my guys shot this to me earlier.....

http://www.engadget.com/tag/iriver

I am quite intrigued - although I'm not sure how/whether it will work with Premise....and i haven't had time to dig in...

of course, once we get John's HUI working.... ;)

Okay. I've gone quiet on this. Sorry, my day job has been a bit hectic. Let me tell you where I am.

I've posted a very rough prototype version in the downloads area. It's really there to allow folks to develop their own set of Class Images to replace the ones that Premise provides.

I'm struggling a bit with the GUI toolkit I'm using. It's got some bugs so I've been slowed down between working with the developers and finding work-arounds. I'm trying to create an iTunes-like coverflow widget to browse media. Once I get that worked out, I'll post another version. What you can expect in the next version is:

1. General framework in-place to build the rest of the UI based on Gizmox' WEBGui tool kit. You can download it here:
2. A plugin architecture that allows developers (using the WebGUI toolkit) to develop their own widgets for the UI.
3. Example plugins (including source code) for a custom home-page, smoke-detector, and RSS Newsfeed widgets
4. Built-in plugins for lighting and media control, plus general navigation.
5. The ability to create custom themes

Back