Premise Can you select the same video input more than once?

Motorola Premise

This is a response to a post in another thread ... that has strayed far, far away from the thread's original question.
The problem is my TV has one way communication with Premise. So if someone manually changes it to video3, I need to be able to force premise to resend the video2 command. Right now, you have to select a different source in the GUI, then go back to video2. I was wanting to just simply reselect video2 from the GUI drop down and have it resend video2.
Short answer: No.

The drop-down lists you see in Premise Browser are based on the standard HTML SELECT tag. It uses the OnChange event attribute and therein lies the answer: On Change. If the drop-down list's current selection is VideoIn2, selecting VideoIn2 again represents no change, so the OnChange event is not triggered ... and nothing happens.

By selecting VideoIn1 and then switching back to VideoIn2 it will trigger the OnChange event and the appropriate IR commands will be transmitted.

The solution for you might be to eliminate the drop-list and add custom buttons, one for each video input.

I'll have to figure out how to add custom buttons as this sounds handy. I'm also wondering how to change the menuNavigation button type from actionbutton to pressAndHoldAction. The button type is greyed out in Premise even if I copy/paste the Navigation controls and rename them. one things for sure, I have a lot to learn about premise...

This is a response to a post in another thread ... that has strayed far, far away from the thread's original question.
The problem is my TV has one way communication with Premise. So if someone manually changes it to video3, I need to be able to force premise to resend the video2 command. Right now, you have to select a different source in the GUI, then go back to video2. I was wanting to just simply reselect video2 from the GUI drop down and have it resend video2.
Short answer: No.

The drop-down lists you see in Premise Browser are based on the standard HTML SELECT tag. It uses the OnChange event attribute and therein lies the answer: On Change. If the drop-down list's current selection is VideoIn2, selecting VideoIn2 again represents no change, so the OnChange event is not triggered ... and nothing happens.

By selecting VideoIn1 and then switching back to VideoIn2 it will trigger the OnChange event and the appropriate IR commands will be transmitted.

The solution for you might be to eliminate the drop-list and add custom buttons, one for each video input.

Back