How to control Russound CAM6.6 from iPod Touch

Hi all, I am looking for a way to control my CAM6.6 from an iPod Touch. Anyone have any ideas?

MainLobby can.

MainLobby Server iPhone browser configured to display the MLCAV66 plugin's connection to the CAM66.
Does take some coding work, but possible.

If someone can send me the newest RNET ASCII protocol spec(I can't find it on russound's website), I'd be happy to throw something together that can do at least what a S1/S2 keypad can do and distribute it for free. Unless there is an unexpected problem I'm guessing a day or two of development time. I can only test on a CAM6.6 for now.

I believe another option might be eKeypad Plus or Pro in the future. The developer claims Distributed Audio support which is supposed to include Russound products. I suspect he is using the ELK-IP232 to interface with the iPhone/iTouch.

If someone can send me the newest RNET ASCII protocol spec(I can't find it on russound's website), I'd be happy to throw something together that can do at least what a S1/S2 keypad can do and distribute it for free. Unless there is an unexpected problem I'm guessing a day or two of development time. I can only test on a CAM6.6 for now.
Russound doesn't use an ASCII protocol. They use hex with a wacky (IMHO) checksum. I have another .pdf with more but, it's too big to upload here.

Attachments

• Russound_CAMCAVCAA_232.doc
    48 KB · Views: 117
Russound has a solution on the way, but not certain when it will be available.

Since they already have the iBridge and the iDock, I figured iPhone/iTouch control would be in the works. Thanks for the confirmation and lets hope we see something soon.

Russound has a solution on the way, but not certain when it will be available.

Since they already have the iBridge and the iDock, I figured iPhone/iTouch control would be in the works. Thanks for the confirmation and lets hope we see something soon.

A "perfect" solution would include some type of IP to serial converter. I guess this would be required since the Touch and iPhone are IP only.

Russound doesn't use an ASCII protocol. They use hex with a wacky (IMHO) checksum. I have another .pdf with more but, it's too big to upload here.

Please let me know if I can help. I can at least test on my Touch and CAM 6.6.

A "perfect" solution would include some type of IP to serial converter. I guess this would be required since the Touch and iPhone are IP only.

An Elk-IP232 should do the trick nicely. They use it to integrate Russound gear with their TS07 touch screen.

If you can be patient a few more days I have something in the works. Its basic, and only tested on a CAM6.6/IP232, but should work. I've just gotten a bit busy lately. All in all about 1k lines of code. I'd highly recommend anyone that understands computer programming to look into making iphone apps for automation. It is super easy, esp when dealing with these elementary protocols, and as long as you aren't charging much for it support isn't an issue. If you want to do it full time though, good luck troubleshooting everyone who demands a refund because they don't know how to configure their router.

If you can be patient a few more days I have something in the works. Its basic, and only tested on a CAM6.6/IP232, but should work. I've just gotten a bit busy lately. All in all about 1k lines of code. I'd highly recommend anyone that understands computer programming to look into making iphone apps for automation. It is super easy, esp when dealing with these elementary protocols, and as long as you aren't charging much for it support isn't an issue. If you want to do it full time though, good luck troubleshooting everyone who demands a refund because they don't know how to configure their router.

That's great news! Thanks for your effort and time. Keep us posted as things progress.

That's great news! Thanks for your effort and time. Keep us posted as things progress.

I agree this is most excellent news. Thanks!

Back