Automated Outlet Caution

ano

I've ordered from Automated Outlet many times in the past without problems, but not so this time.

About two weeks ago I ordered some software totaling almost $300. The next day I saw my credit card charged, but never received any e-mail saying it was shipping, or the product was out-of-stock. Their web page indicated it had not yet shipped.

This week I used their e-mail system twice, once to just ask about the order, and the second time to log a customer service ticket. As of today, neither have been responded to. If I don't hear by Saturday I'm writing my credit card company to reverse the charges.

If I have any updates, I'll add them here.

If you really want to know, or get a hold of someone, give AO a call please, I have yet to hear from someone who wasn't taken care of after it was brought to their attention.

This week I used their e-mail system twice, once to just ask about the order, and the second time to log a customer service ticket. As of today, neither have been responded to. If I don't hear by Saturday I'm writing my credit card company to reverse the charges.

They should pay more attention to their email. I too have had issues with them and email. Have never not gotten what I ordered though. They will make good, no doubt.

Hello Allen,

I think Debby sent you a response to the case you opened yesterday. You are correct in that your card should not have been charged if it was not in stock. The person that runs the cards thought it was in stock. You card will be refunded until we can ship. We expect that software to be in this week.

Debby will keep you posted.

thanks,

Martin Custer
President
Automated Outlet

Oh, by the way, I just read Debby's case response. She is also removing the shipping charge and upgrading you to next day air shipping when your item comes in.

Just my humble opinion, but with any customer service inquiry for any company, I think people would be wise to pick up the phone if they are not getting a response via E-mail. It usually takes the same amount of time as it does to send an E-mail.

Just my humble opinion, but with any customer service inquiry for any company, I think people would be wise to pick up the phone if they are not getting a response via E-mail. It usually takes the same amount of time as it does to send an E-mail.

This may not be where Ano is coming from, but personally, I *loathe* having to actually call a company to make an order happen. Especially when I'm ordering some kind of electronics/high-tech product. It's akin to driving up to a gas pump and having to go inside to pay. I just get back in the car and go to another gas station.

It seems to be a little different in the HA world, for some reason. Setnetpro.com is the same way...you really have to get on the phone to make things happen. But I can understand if Ano felt like he shouldn't have to get on the phone...it's kind of the last resort, and at that point, maybe you're really starting to doubt the web-commerce capabilities of the company altogether.

As a side note, I hate companies that display an email address on their website and NEVER respond. So many companies I've written to for product info or help and never get a reply.

Anyway, glad to see it worked out, and never doubted that it would. Automated outlet and setnetpro, two companies you can be sure that if your order isn't right, they'll fix it in a jiffy.

Yes, I got the reply and responded that I want to cancel the order if it can't be shipped today, but I need to know one way or the other.

Martin, I definitely appreciate you being available by phone, but since your site offers ways to summit e-mails and trouble tickets, I was assuming these would be monitored, so I wouldn't call you if you were busy, on vacation, etc. If in fact you want people to just call you and you don't monitor these other systems, I'd recommend you remove the e-mail and trouble ticket options and replace them with message to call your phone instead.

Back