• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Hardware:Elk M1, ISY-99
  • Tech:X10-PLC, X10-RF, INSTEON
  • Audio:Russound
  • CCTV:ip

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:01 PM

When I open a door or a window, M1 says "Door X/Window Y Open" because of the chime function. But when I close the door or window, it says nothing. Here's an example of a sensor voice description: "Guest Room Window [Say Close/Open]". I thought M1 would announce it when the window is being closed, but it does not. Is there a workaround?

#2 scriptx

scriptx

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Hardware:Elk M1, Custom
  • Tech:Custom
  • Video:Custom

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:37 AM

Have you tried adding a rule for when the zone becomes secure to say the Open/Closed phrase? I don't know if the parameter would switch to closed so the Elk would say closed. I haven't played with those phrases yet in a rule.

#3 Traditore

Traditore

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Hardware:Elk M1, ISY-99
  • Tech:X10-PLC, X10-RF, INSTEON
  • Audio:Russound
  • CCTV:ip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:06 AM

Have you tried adding a rule for when the zone becomes secure to say the Open/Closed phrase? I don't know if the parameter would switch to closed so the Elk would say closed. I haven't played with those phrases yet in a rule.

Sure did, but I don't think the necessary options are implemented in the system. I was expecting to program something like: WHENEVER Any Zone BECOMES SECURE, THEN ANNOUNCE (Zone X) [SECURE/CLOSED/or something like that]. But instead, it looks like I need to program one rule per zone and use the individual zone voice description. It works but it's a painfully long programming process. Anyone has better ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users