#1 Slvr_Strk

Slvr_Strk

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Hardware:Elk M1
  • Tech:UPB

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:47 PM

I am new to this forum. I have been considering an ELK M1Gold and have been researching configurations and features that I wish to use in my new installation. I have found all of the answers to my question in this forum and in other searches on the WEB except for one.

I wish to initially install the system without professional monitoring. I would like the system to call my Cell phone with any alarm messages if the system is armed in 'Away mode'. If the system is armed in 'Stay mode' I do not want the system to make any calls, the alarm will sound I will rely on the home's occupants to verify that it is not a false alarm and call 911.

Can someone please veify that I can write rules to accomplish this? It is still confusing to me since Phone One can be set up with a Format=05 (voice message) but it also must be configured as 0=Always report. Will it always dail phone One if there is an alarm?

Also I do not have the rule syntax so I can not verify that a rule can be written like "if area1 become unsure and system is armed away then call mycell".

Thanks for any help / advise you can give.

#2 Jensen Beach

Jensen Beach

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:33 PM

That looks very possible. I don't have your specific answer, but I'm 100% certain you'll be able to make it work and you won't be disappointed with the ELK.

#3 fleetz

fleetz

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Experience:guru
  • Hardware:Elk M1
  • Tech:C-Bus
  • Audio:Russound
  • Video:Custom
  • CCTV:dvr

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:01 PM

I am new to this forum. I have been considering an ELK M1Gold and have been researching configurations and features that I wish to use in my new installation. I have found all of the answers to my question in this forum and in other searches on the WEB except for one.

I wish to initially install the system without professional monitoring. I would like the system to call my Cell phone with any alarm messages if the system is armed in 'Away mode'. If the system is armed in 'Stay mode' I do not want the system to make any calls, the alarm will sound I will rely on the home's occupants to verify that it is not a false alarm and call 911.

Can someone please veify that I can write rules to accomplish this? It is still confusing to me since Phone One can be set up with a Format=05 (voice message) but it also must be configured as 0=Always report. Will it always dail phone One if there is an alarm?

Also I do not have the rule syntax so I can not verify that a rule can be written like "if area1 become unsure and system is armed away then call mycell".

Thanks for any help / advise you can give.

Hi Slvr Strk,

Welcome to the forum.

You definitely can do exactly what you are wanting. In the rules section you can individually have any of the armed states do whatever you want you want including dial your mobile. It is what we do here.

You will not regret getting ELK M1 it is a great HA and Security panel. You also have a M1 University in Cocoontech with a wealth of knowledge from a huge number of M1 Professors!! :)

Warning HA is addictive! ;)

Regards,

Fleetz

Edited by fleetz, 23 October 2009 - 07:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users