Premise Problems installing/uninstalling on Win7

Motorola Premise

dinki

I just upgraded the machine that I use for Premise from XP to Win7. The install hung and I had to cancel it. I tried to reinstall (repair) and it finished, but when I opened builder it did not show an active server. I tried uninstalling so that I could start from scratch, but it hangs while uninstalling.

Can anyone tell me how to resolve my problem? I'm really missing my HA!

Many thanks!

I did the repair install after changing UAC and it still won't work. When I try to run Premise Builder I get a blank/tan window. In trying to uninstall, I stopped both services and set them to disabled. I rebooted and tried to uninstall using setup.exe and it says it has a process still running. I kill the process and hit retry and the uninstall just stalls.

Any ideas on how I can manually uninstall? I'm really stuck.

Still struggling. I disabled the two services from starting from msconfig but the uninstall continues to hang. I cannot get rid of this thing to save my life. I can't reinstall until I get rid of the failed install.

I don't know much about getting rid of things that won't install. Can I somehow unregister the services, delete the directory the program installed to and remove all entries in the registry? Will windows still see this program as installed after using this brute force method?

** UPDATE ** I managed to get it uninstalled using Revo Uninstaller. Working on getting things running using the instructions provided by etc6849.

** UPDATE2 ** Got it working! Thanks for the help.

Sorry for reopening an old thread, but I have the same problem! I can't uninstall Premise on Win7 because it hangs. I've stopped the services, but no luck. I even got Revo but it didn't work either! However, now the program doesn't appear in the Windows Uninstall dialog. I manually deleted the folder under program files but now I'm sure I've got a bunch of stuff in the registry that is hanging in there. How can I get rid of it all to complete the uninstall?

Back