integrate

index.php
File Name: DR CoffeeShop UI Pics
File Submitter: integrate
File Submitted: 21 Dec 2009
File Category: Premise
Author: Damon Deen
Version: ?

As promised here are some pics of the CoffeeShop UI. This is currently running my house.

Click here to download this file

Four out of four stars!

Any chance that Santa can gift-wrap CoffeeShop's source-code and tuck it under Premise Downloads before the 25th? :(

Absolutely awesome! I have to echo 123 on a Christmas gift!

Nice job, Damon!

What I like about the CoffeeShop UI:
  1. Home page is a Dashboard and shows the status of the key systems.
  2. Message area for reminders and other alerts (I've been meaning to add this to the AutomationBrowser)
  3. Buttons are clean and simple (buttons don't need no steekin' picture icons).
  4. The MediaZone has an 'alphabetic index' (yet another thing needed in AutomationBrowser).
  5. Thermostat UI is excellent.

If the source is unavailable, a few graphics images would be appreciated. If none of the above, then a video of CoffeeShop in action would be appreciated (perchance to dream).

I'm still on board w/ 123...a vast improvement over the original design, which we all believe to be ahead of its time (even now)...I could understand Damon's reluctance to share if the code is considered DR Prop. I'd like to know how and what he uses for display...tabletpcs? In-walls? RDP?..any other tidbits?

Nice interface! The quick nav feature is very neat and I love the jukebox.

Being new to Premise, I'm also interested in knowing what types of in wall touch screens were/are popular...

Nice interface! The quick nav feature is very neat and I love the jukebox.

Being new to Premise, I'm also interested in knowing what types of in wall touch screens were/are popular...

I will post a video, and then source code. I think what will work best is uploading smaller bits and pieces at a time. It is componentized and there are many required backend modules that can be explained individually. Some of these may conflict with some of your own works, such as MediaZone additions.

As for interfaces, http://www.nagasakiipc.com/. They are rock solid, come in black and silver brushed bezels and are relatively affordable. Been using them for years 24/7/365 and not a single one has failed even once.

RDP works too for tablets, though you need a relatively speedy one for the dragging functionality and latest MS RDP works best for color depth and font smoothing.

Thanks! The nagasakii pc's look like a great Premise solution. I'll have to look into getting one when I move.

Thanks! The nagasakii pc's look like a great Premise solution. I'll have to look into getting one when I move.

Here's a pic of a 10" installed. It is the PPC-1080T, not available anymore but equivalent to the PPC-1082T.

damon

Attachments

• image_065.jpg
    image_065.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 78