• Software:Custom
  • Hardware:HAI OmniPro II
  • Tech:UPB, ZigBee, Custom
  • Audio:Nuvo
  • Video:AirPlay
  • CCTV:ip, dvr
  • Phone:Linksys PAP2, Vonage

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

[*]turning (HLC) lights on/off/dim sometimes has a lengthy delay (minutes). i'm not sure what causes this but it happens a few times / day.

Is Quick Connect enabled? Are you just launching Haiku when this happens? Or was Haiku open for some time before? It sounds like its refreshing your configuration... but it shouldn't take minutes... Let me know about Quick Connect.

[*]if i select a Room and select a scene within that room, the scene activates but the scene selection isn't shown as being selected; i'm not sure if this is as designed but i think it would be a nice touch.
[*]Numeric flags show as ON/OFF but I don't see their value
[*]I get "Operation Failed Unexpected error during operation: OLRequestExtendedObjectStatus Operation!" dialogs, i think when i try to view all my Events in the Event log; is there a way i can get you more detail on this? i get several of them in a row

These are all corrected in 1.8, the next update (see change log above your post).

[*]When some of my zones report "Had Trouble", they are shown as "Insecure" on the Status page, and I think they are included in the "count" on the Security icon on the bottom row--i'm not sure if this is as desired but it seems like just counting the ones which are actually "Insecure" would be more useful. in general, maybe it would be easier if the zones which are being counted were highlighted in some way so your attention is drawn to them?

This is intended as you will want to see these things when you start Haiku. Version 1.8 however does remove auxiliary sensors and other unimportant zones from the "Insecure Zones" list on the Status page.

Thank you for your feedback!

We are looking into HTX and Hi-Fi 2 support.

#77 js19707

js19707

Dedicated Cocooner

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 193 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Software:CQC
  • Tech:UPB, ZigBee, RadioRA2
  • Video:Windows Media Center
  • CCTV:ip

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:09 PM

thanks Lupinglade!

Is Quick Connect enabled? Are you just launching Haiku when this happens? Or was Haiku open for some time before? It sounds like its refreshing your configuration... but it shouldn't take minutes... Let me know about Quick Connect.

This is occurring when the app has been open for a while. FWIW, I sometimes see an interminable (i.e. i lose patience and launch H@me) delay when attempting to arm/disarm areas through Haiku. I enter my alarm code and it sits saying "Validating code..." for > 1 min. I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but it sounds like it is because if i wait it out subsequent arm/disarm requests return quickly.

My apologies if I should know this, but what is "Quick Connect" and where would one enable it?

#78 lupinglade

lupinglade

Cocoonut

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1120 posts
  • Experience:guru

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:10 PM

This is occurring when the app has been open for a while. FWIW, I sometimes see an interminable (i.e. i lose patience and launch H@me) delay when attempting to arm/disarm areas through Haiku. I enter my alarm code and it sits saying "Validating code..." for > 1 min. I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but it sounds like it is because if i wait it out subsequent arm/disarm requests return quickly.

My apologies if I should know this, but what is "Quick Connect" and where would one enable it?

You can enable Quick Connect in the iPhone Settings app -> Haiku.

This seems like network connection issues though, perhaps your WiFi signal is being lost? We've improved the networking code in the next version to recover more quickly when a connection is lost -- so that may help in the next update.

Edited by lupinglade, 02 April 2011 - 01:11 PM.

#79 js19707

js19707

Dedicated Cocooner

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 193 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Software:CQC
  • Tech:UPB, ZigBee, RadioRA2
  • Video:Windows Media Center
  • CCTV:ip

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:10 PM

You can enable Quick Connect in the iPhone Settings app -> Haiku.

This seems like network connection issues though, perhaps your WiFi signal is being lost? We've improved the networking code in the next version to recover more quickly when a connection is lost -- so that may help in the next update.

Ah, thanks. FWIW, Quick Connect is set to ON. It's possible I may be having some Wifi issues; is there a way to confirm Haiku is seeing a dropped connection?

#80 lupinglade

lupinglade

Cocoonut

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1120 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:24 PM

js19707: Try the new version, should be out within a week, hopefully this will correct the issue for you.

#81 lupinglade

lupinglade

Cocoonut

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1120 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:50 PM

We've submitted 2.0 to Apple. Here's the final 2.0 change log:

- Added weather display in Status section
- Added troubles display to Status and About screens
- Added energy cost display to Status (iPad only) and About screen
- Added ability to edit cameras
- Added camera settings for button for camera popup & button to run when camera shows
- Added PTZ support for Foscam, Axis, Panasonic, Sony cameras
- Added Text To Speech for Security (in Wall Mode), Alarms, Perimiter Zones, Messages (enable in (Home)->Settings->Haiku)
- Added full Somfy shade support
- Flags now display counter value next to the on/off state
- Scene letters now displayed as status when a scene is set
- Added HLC scene set support (store presets by tapping "..." button)
- Added a Favorites tab to the Control page
- Added indentation for units under rooms in the Control page
- Added Hi-Fi 2 by HAI support
- Auxiliary sensors, inputs, etc. no longer dispalyed as an insecure zone in status
- Improvements to networking code
- Improved status accuracy when first connected
- Graphical fixes
- Fixes alarm and message alerts to display custom object names
- Fixes scene selector/timer not working in certain situations
- Fixes a potential crash when refreshing
- Fixes a bug with adding cameras that can cause object state to not be saved. Removing and readding your cameras is recommended.
- Fixes an OLRequestExtendedObjectProperties error in Events tab
- Fixes the white flash before a camera loads
- Fixes zones not showing "Armed" status after system is armed

#82 Anthony A.

Anthony A.

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:02 AM

its nice to see the bug fixes and constant attention to update. i was wondering if you could release a "lite" version to apple which will give full functionality for say 20 days as a trial or perhaps all button functionality but with a cap like say 5 lights only, etc. i really would like to try out your app before spending the money. i know im not alone on this as many have stated elsewhere they would like to have a trial app.

#83 torque

torque

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:25 AM

Great app! I've been using it for a few months now.

Just updated to 2.0 and was wondering how I change the weather location on the status screen? It always says Toronto. Also, how do I get energy cost information to display?

Thanks.

#84 torque

torque

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:30 AM

Okay, I figured out where to change the weather location. Still wondering about the energy cost. Also, what are all the items below the weather with the check marks next to them....FREEZE, Digital Communicator, etc?

#85 cntrlfreek

cntrlfreek

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:32 AM

Any news on the HTX integration? Would it be better to go with global cache or bitwise? Can this be done at this time?

Thanks for the update.

#86 JonW

JonW

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Tech:UPB

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:06 AM

its nice to see the bug fixes and constant attention to update. i was wondering if you could release a "lite" version to apple which will give full functionality for say 20 days as a trial or perhaps all button functionality but with a cap like say 5 lights only, etc. i really would like to try out your app before spending the money. i know im not alone on this as many have stated elsewhere they would like to have a trial app.

I'll add a vote for this as well. I'm using a competing product, but without a trial, I'm not going to switch.

#87 lupinglade

lupinglade

Cocoonut

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1120 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

Great app! I've been using it for a few months now.

Just updated to 2.0 and was wondering how I change the weather location on the status screen? It always says Toronto. Also, how do I get energy cost information to display?

Thanks.

You can change the weather (and other settings) in the Settings app on your device (accessed from the home screen), there will be a Haiku section there. Energy Cost info is automatically displayed whenever your controller's Energy Cost value changes.

#88 lupinglade

lupinglade

Cocoonut

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1120 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

No plans for a trial version yet, mainly because we want to focus on making a great product and have a quick development pace. Not having to spend time subtracting features from the app for a trial version lets us add more new features without having to worry about keeping the two targets in sync and working. We will likely do a video tour of the app soon though, which should provide a good overview for people who want to see the app in action first. Either way, you will not be disappointed if you decide to give it a try.

PS. We're the same company that made Installer.app and started the iPhone OS developer community back before the App Store even existed. So we're quite familiar with the platform ;)

Edited by lupinglade, 26 April 2011 - 08:37 PM.

#89 lupinglade

lupinglade

Cocoonut

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1120 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

Any news on the HTX integration? Would it be better to go with global cache or bitwise? Can this be done at this time?

Thanks for the update.

We're looking into it for the next update, as well as multiple controller support. Two highly requested features.

#90 lupinglade

lupinglade

Cocoonut

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1120 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

Okay, I figured out where to change the weather location. Still wondering about the energy cost. Also, what are all the items below the weather with the check marks next to them....FREEZE, Digital Communicator, etc?

They are the statuses for the controller for each of those "troubles". They will go red if there is a problem detected.

Edited by lupinglade, 28 April 2011 - 01:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users