Outdoor Fixed IP Camera Recommendation?

nuptse04

Please recommend based on the following requirements in the $500 to $1000 price range.

Outdoor fixed IP camera
POE
Motion Detection
-10 deg F to 130 deg F operating range
2 way audio
Built in web server
Day/night functionality
Alarm management trigger with image transfer for email and http notification for motion, audio, and tamper

Welcome to Cocoontech!

Outdoors I use IQEye cams in Pelco housings. They do all on your list except for audio. I think they have ones that do audio. Check them out here.

An excellent resource for cam info is CCTV Forum. They may have more detailed info for you.

HTH,
Kevin

Thanks for sharing that, Kevin. What software and recording method/NVR do you use with the IQEye cameras? Did you sign up with IQEye for formal training? Local distributor?

Like most automation projects, work gets in the way. Right now, I have my five outdoor cameras capturing three images (.5 sec before, the trigger event, and .5 sec after) and emailing them to me. I purchased a two-cameral license for Vitamin D recently and have been experimenting with that. It works almost too well (too many false triggers), but captures video the camera trigger missed. I've also have a trial for Exacqvision and Blue Iris that I have to find the time to play with.

I don't have any training, and purchased all the cameras on eBay or CCTV Forum.

Kevin

Kevin, do you have any cost info on that Exacq software (and where one can download the trial)? Thanks!

Hi, Dan.

Exacq pricing is $150 per camera licence and a optional $25 per year upgrade fee per camera. Exacq comes out with at least 4 major upgrades per year so you will always have a state of the art NVR. Plus, from what I've learned on CCTV Forum, Exacq is very responsive to customers and can be used on very low power (Atom) PCs.

I got the demo from an integrator that posts on CCTV Forum all the time. I'll PM his contact info.

Kevin

Hi, Dan.

Exacq pricing is $150 per camera licence and a optional $25 per year upgrade fee per camera. Exacq comes out with at least 4 major upgrades per year so you will always have a state of the art NVR. Plus, from what I've learned on CCTV Forum, Exacq is very responsive to customers and can be used on very low power (Atom) PCs.

I got the demo from an integrator that posts on CCTV Forum all the time. I'll PM his contact info.

Kevin
milestone xprotect is great sofware.. I paid about $2000 for the professional version a few years ago for a construction job site.. now they have an free version that is 8 cameras with 5 days archive. The essential version which has a longer archive schedule is not that expensive.

Please recommend based on the following requirements in the $500 to $1000 price range.

Outdoor fixed IP camera
POE
Motion Detection
-10 deg F to 130 deg F operating range
2 way audio
Built in web server
Day/night functionality
Alarm management trigger with image transfer for email and http notification for motion, audio, and tamper

Check out mobotix. Should cover most of your needs and is within/towards the top end of your budget. Excellent outdoor cameras. 2way audio via an actual SIP implementation.

milestone xprotect is great sofware.. I paid about $2000 for the professional version a few years ago for a construction job site.. now they have an free version that is 8 cameras with 5 days archive. The essential version which has a longer archive schedule is not that expensive.
I did try the Go free version. Biggest problem is the 5 day archive. Plus, no archiving to network storage. From what I understand about Exacq, it's much easier to setup than most others, including Milestone.

.[/quote]
I did try the Go free version. Biggest problem is the 5 day archive. Plus, no archiving to network storage. From what I understand about Exacq, it's much easier to setup than most others, including Milestone.
[/quote]

I have installed several of the Exacq Hybrid servers at a school district when they upgraded and I can confirm that it is great software and very easy to setup and use. Their customer support has been very good also.

Back