Outdoor Fixed IP Camera Recommendation?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nuptse04

nuptse04

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:04 PM

Please recommend based on the following requirements in the $500 to $1000 price range.

Outdoor fixed IP camera
POE
Motion Detection
-10 deg F to 130 deg F operating range
2 way audio
Built in web server
Day/night functionality
Alarm management trigger with image transfer for email and http notification for motion, audio, and tamper

#2 Kevin L

Kevin L

Dedicated Cocooner

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 527 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Software:HomeSeer
  • Hardware:Elk M1, HomeTroller
  • Tech:Z-Wave, ZigBee, CentraLite
  • Audio:Proficient
  • CCTV:ip

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:48 AM

Welcome to Cocoontech!

Outdoors I use IQEye cams in Pelco housings. They do all on your list except for audio. I think they have ones that do audio. Check them out here.

An excellent resource for cam info is CCTV Forum. They may have more detailed info for you.

HTH,
Kevin

#3 Neurorad

Neurorad

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2236 posts
  • Experience:novice
  • Tech:RadioRA2
  • Audio:Nuvo

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:11 PM

Thanks for sharing that, Kevin. What software and recording method/NVR do you use with the IQEye cameras? Did you sign up with IQEye for formal training? Local distributor?

#4 Kevin L

Kevin L

Dedicated Cocooner

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 527 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:29 PM

Like most automation projects, work gets in the way. Right now, I have my five outdoor cameras capturing three images (.5 sec before, the trigger event, and .5 sec after) and emailing them to me. I purchased a two-cameral license for Vitamin D recently and have been experimenting with that. It works almost too well (too many false triggers), but captures video the camera trigger missed. I've also have a trial for Exacqvision and Blue Iris that I have to find the time to play with.

I don't have any training, and purchased all the cameras on eBay or CCTV Forum.

Kevin

#5 Dan (electron)

Dan (electron)

CocoonTech Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10853 posts
  • Twitter:@CocoonTech
  • Experience:guru
  • Software:EventGhost, HomeSeer
  • Hardware:Elk M1, Mi Casa Verde Vera, Ocelot
  • Tech:X10-RF, UPB, Z-Wave, ZigBee
  • Audio:AirPlay
  • Video:SageTV
  • CCTV:analog, ip, dvr
  • Phone:OBi100/110

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:41 PM

Kevin, do you have any cost info on that Exacq software (and where one can download the trial)? Thanks!

#6 Kevin L

Kevin L

Dedicated Cocooner

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 527 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

Hi, Dan.

Exacq pricing is $150 per camera licence and a optional $25 per year upgrade fee per camera. Exacq comes out with at least 4 major upgrades per year so you will always have a state of the art NVR. Plus, from what I've learned on CCTV Forum, Exacq is very responsive to customers and can be used on very low power (Atom) PCs.

I got the demo from an integrator that posts on CCTV Forum all the time. I'll PM his contact info.

Kevin

#7 personalt

personalt

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:04 PM

Hi, Dan.

Exacq pricing is $150 per camera licence and a optional $25 per year upgrade fee per camera. Exacq comes out with at least 4 major upgrades per year so you will always have a state of the art NVR. Plus, from what I've learned on CCTV Forum, Exacq is very responsive to customers and can be used on very low power (Atom) PCs.

I got the demo from an integrator that posts on CCTV Forum all the time. I'll PM his contact info.

Kevin

milestone xprotect is great sofware.. I paid about $2000 for the professional version a few years ago for a construction job site.. now they have an free version that is 8 cameras with 5 days archive. The essential version which has a longer archive schedule is not that expensive.

#8 twilo123

twilo123

Dedicated Cocooner

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:59 AM

Please recommend based on the following requirements in the $500 to $1000 price range.

Outdoor fixed IP camera
POE
Motion Detection
-10 deg F to 130 deg F operating range
2 way audio
Built in web server
Day/night functionality
Alarm management trigger with image transfer for email and http notification for motion, audio, and tamper

Check out mobotix. Should cover most of your needs and is within/towards the top end of your budget. Excellent outdoor cameras. 2way audio via an actual SIP implementation.

Edited by twilo123, 11 November 2010 - 05:59 AM.

#9 Kevin L

Kevin L

Dedicated Cocooner

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 527 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:27 AM

milestone xprotect is great sofware.. I paid about $2000 for the professional version a few years ago for a construction job site.. now they have an free version that is 8 cameras with 5 days archive. The essential version which has a longer archive schedule is not that expensive.

I did try the Go free version. Biggest problem is the 5 day archive. Plus, no archiving to network storage. From what I understand about Exacq, it's much easier to setup than most others, including Milestone.

#10 russban

russban

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • CCTV:analog, ip, dvr

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:40 AM

.[/quote]
I did try the Go free version. Biggest problem is the 5 day archive. Plus, no archiving to network storage. From what I understand about Exacq, it's much easier to setup than most others, including Milestone.
[/quote]

I have installed several of the Exacq Hybrid servers at a school district when they upgraded and I can confirm that it is great software and very easy to setup and use. Their customer support has been very good also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users