• Software:Custom
  • Hardware:Elk M1
  • Tech:Custom

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:30 PM

Release Notes:
1. Fixes
  • A. Fixed issue with tasks tab not properly initializing in some cases
  • B. Fixed issue with crash when the connection is unexpectedly lost
  • C. Fixed size and position of speech recognition button so it is no longer cropped
  • D. The animated graphic shown when connecting no longer freezes during SSL negotiation
2. Climate
  • A. Added a new 'Thermostats' tab
3. Settings
  • A. Added new 'Thermostats' section
  • B. Scrolling performance was improved
4. Global
  • A. Split the lower tab navigation into two rows
  • B. Added a 'Clear Cache' menu option to the select server screen
  • C. Added new network subsystem to more accurately inform ElkDroid of when data connections are lost and are available
  • D. 'Find Devices' now causes a reconnect
  • E. Added 'Shutdown' to the options menu after you are connected
  • F. Tabs will now auto-disable themselves on initial synchronization if no items are present
  • G. Upgraded 'Force Vertical Orientation' to be a choice between automatic, portrait, and landscape modes
  • H. Added a new 'Back Button Behavior' setting that can be configured to Close UI (default), Minimize, or Shutdown
  • I. Added a new set of icons that change depending on the state of the item. Special thanks to Derek Wills for this.
  • J. The connecting progress window was enhanced to show more verbose data
  • K. Added new sync process that speeds up the connection time
  • L. ElkDroid now correctly responds to situations when ElkRP is connected
5. Lights
  • A. Scrolling performance was improved
6. Tasks
  • A. Scrolling performance was improved
7. Zones
  • A. Changed the default setting 'Color Bypassed Zones' to enabled
  • B. Changed color of bypassed zones to a lighter shade of blue to increase readability
  • C. Added new option to show the EOL status (Open/Short/EOL) for zones. The default is disabled
  • D. Scrolling performance was improved
8. Areas/Security
  • A. Added new settings to color the area status, they are enabled by default
9. Keypads
  • A. Added new settings to color the primary area status, they are enabled by default
10. Notifications
  • A. Added new setting for a persistent notification when ElkRP is connected. This is enabled by default

Edited by KentDub, 30 November 2010 - 10:36 PM.

#2 Chris Stout

Chris Stout

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

Just downloaded this. Sorry if the is not the correct area, but I didn't see a specific support forum and the developer website is down.

I'm unable to get this working.

I can connect find via a web browser.

It looks like I'm connecting fine with ElkDroid over WiFi, both unsecure and secure (authetnicates), but either way I get:

A message that says "Synchronizing..."
"Getting Version"

then after a couple seconds, it says:

Synchronization failed: java.net.sockettimeoutexception null or

Synchronization failed: java.net.sockettimeoutexception read timeout read timeout

Any ideas?

#3 KentDub

KentDub

Dedicated Cocooner

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Experience:guru

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

Hi Chris,

Thank you for purchasing ElkDroid. Can you please PM me your e-mail address? I have a beta version that I can send you which includes a fix for the issue you are describing.

Regards,

Kent Williams
Williams Automation

#4 KentDub

KentDub

Dedicated Cocooner

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:02 PM

Another Option, Chris, is to upgrade the firmware on your XEP and M1. The particular combo you have has a bug where it won't respond to the VN (Version) command and thus the ElkDroid version you have is stalling waiting for a response.

#5 Donald

Donald

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:49 PM

I have the smae timeout problem, my G1 firmware is 4.6.2 and my M1EXP firmware is 1.3.24. What next?

#6 KentDub

KentDub

Dedicated Cocooner

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

I have the smae timeout problem, my G1 firmware is 4.6.2 and my M1EXP firmware is 1.3.24. What next?

Hi Donald,

Your XEP firmware seems up to date. Please make sure your M1 Firmware is at least 5.2.2. If you are still having problems please send me your e-mail address so I can send you the beta version.

Regards,

Kent Williams
Williams Automation

#7 Donald

Donald

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:31 PM

Hi,

Oops, I meant to say my M1 firmware is 4.6.2. I can not upgrade to the 5.x.x M1 firmware because I have a GE(Caddx) receiver in my M1. I assume you understand that firmware versions 4.x.x are for Caddx receivers and versions 5.x.x are for M1XRF receivers, thus I have the lastest M1 firmware.

HTH,

dw

#8 telljcl

telljcl

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

If Kent (or anyone els who knows) is monitoring this thread...

I've just installed Elkdroid on my Droid X, and it seems to work well, but with some issues I've noticed pretty quickly, but can't figure out how to avoid:
(Elk M1 5.2.2, M1XEP 1.3.24) Droid X running stock OTA Android 2.2.

First, if ELK RP is running, it will always bump that session and the droid will say "waiting on ELK RP to close" or similar, but it never finishes. Have to restart the program a few times at least. ELK RP does in fact get disconnected, but the phone seems to have trouble determining this, or connecting. This is via WiFi. Startup is good and normal if RP isn't running.

Secondly, I can't seem to find an easy way to alter the "account" parameters (i.p. address / URL, connection particulars, etc...) I've had to go into android OS and clear the cache for Elkdroid, so then I have to re-enter all of it (so I have the chance to change it then).

Lastly, and the biggest obstacle to actually using it, is that when I try and "shutdown" Elkdroid, it keeps running in the background, and I keep getting notifications etc... I've even selected "disconnect" and then "shut down" to get out of Elkdroid, only to continue getting notifications. I've had to go and manually do a "force stop" inside android OS. I've tried to get out using the "back" key method and the menu selection - I've set it both ways and it still won't close (even though the Elkdroid icon is gone from the notification bar). I seem to remember something in the "account" info screen about keeping connected or something, but can't get to that screen unless I dynamite the cache and start over (see issue #2 above).

Any tips or help would be appreciated.

Edited by telljcl, 01 February 2011 - 08:26 PM.

#9 KentDub

KentDub

Dedicated Cocooner

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:45 PM

If Kent (or anyone els who knows) is monitoring this thread...

I've just installed Elkdroid on my Droid X, and it seems to work well, but with some issues I've noticed pretty quickly, but can't figure out how to avoid:
(Elk M1 5.2.2, M1XEP 1.3.24) Droid X running stock OTA Android 2.2.

First, if ELK RP is running, it will always bump that session and the droid will say "waiting on ELK RP to close" or similar, but it never finishes. Have to restart the program a few times at least. ELK RP does in fact get disconnected, but the phone seems to have trouble determining this, or connecting. This is via WiFi. Startup is good and normal if RP isn't running.

Secondly, I can't seem to find an easy way to alter the "account" parameters (i.p. address / URL, connection particulars, etc...) I've had to go into android OS and clear the cache for Elkdroid, so then I have to re-enter all of it (so I have the chance to change it then).

Lastly, and the biggest obstacle to actually using it, is that when I try and "shutdown" Elkdroid, it keeps running in the background, and I keep getting notifications etc... I've even selected "disconnect" and then "shut down" to get out of Elkdroid, only to continue getting notifications. I've had to go and manually do a "force stop" inside android OS. I've tried to get out using the "back" key method and the menu selection - I've set it both ways and it still won't close (even though the Elkdroid icon is gone from the notification bar). I seem to remember something in the "account" info screen about keeping connected or something, but can't get to that screen unless I dynamite the cache and start over (see issue #2 above).

Any tips or help would be appreciated.

Hi telljcl,

Thank you for purchasing ElkDroid. ElkRP is supposed to send out a 'Disconnect' signal when you close it out, it sounds like either ElkRP isn't sending that message or there is a bug in ElkDroid -- I will investigate to find out which.

To edit a server (account), long-press (press and hold) on the server and select 'Edit'. If you are already connected you will need to disconnect to do this.

ElkDroid, unlike many other automation applications, has an entire notification system built in. For these notifications to work, ElkDroid maintains a connection to your Elk. You can have ElkDroid alert you when zones are violated, arming status changes, for fire alarms, anything. It is designed to act more like a service rather than a simple remote control. The optimized code ensures that it uses as little RAM and CPU cycles as possible. Elkdroid rarely even shows on battery monitors, and in the few cases it does, its less than 2% total consumption, even after a full days use.

ElkDroid, as with all Android applications that can respond to system (phone) events, has no true 'off' state. Unlike desktop applications, Android keeps a small portion applications open if they need to run to respond to system events. This is normal behavior; ElkDroid is a very lightweight application so it won't consume much of your valuable resources. The 'Shutdown' command fully shuts down the UI and service of ElkDroid. Depending on your settings, the back button either acts like the Home key (minimize) or the Shutdown menu command. ElkDroid should not issue any notifications or attempt to connect after a 'Shutdown' command was given to it. I will investigate to see if there is a bug somewhere in that logic.

I will follow up with you after I have done some research into this, and if you have any other questions please feel free to e-mail me: support (a) williamsautomation.com

Regards,

Kent Williams
Williams Automation

#10 Spanky

Spanky

Cocoonut

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2484 posts
  • Tech:X10-PLC, X10-RF, UPB
  • CCTV:ip
  • Phone:VoIP via ISP

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:05 AM

The newest M1XEP software 1.3.26 and M1 software 4.6.6 and 5.2.6 which is in beta test, sends out alarm and some other ASCII data even if ELKRP is connected. This allows alarms to be reported always. This software should be released about mid February 2011.

In prior versions, the M1 blocked all ASCII data going out when ELKRP is connected except for the 'RP' command which tells connected devices that ELKRP is connected and disconnected.

There are improvements to the DSC Surgard IP reporting also in this new software upgrade.

Edited by Spanky, 02 February 2011 - 09:07 AM.

#11 wildfire

wildfire

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:20 AM

Hi, I'm having the same problem as Chris and Donald. When I attempt to connect it times out while verifying the version. Could you please send me the beta version. Thanks!

#12 KentDub

KentDub

Dedicated Cocooner

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

Hi, I'm having the same problem as Chris and Donald. When I attempt to connect it times out while verifying the version. Could you please send me the beta version. Thanks!

Hi, if possible please upgrade your firmware of both your XEP and M1 to the latest versions - it eliminates the need to use the beta. If that is not possible, please forward your Google invoice and your cell phone number to support @ williamsautomation.com and I will configure a beta license for you.

Regards,

Kent Williams
Williams Automation

#13 wildfire

wildfire

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:10 PM

Hi, thank you for the help. I updated the firmware to the latest versions and it now connects correctly. I've discovered a new issue however; I can only disarm the system from ElkDroid but I cannot arm to the stay or away modes. Suggestions?

#14 KentDub

KentDub

Dedicated Cocooner

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

Hi, thank you for the help. I updated the firmware to the latest versions and it now connects correctly. I've discovered a new issue however; I can only disarm the system from ElkDroid but I cannot arm to the stay or away modes. Suggestions?

Create a new user account for ElkDroid, so in the event your phone is lost or stolen you can lock it out. Make sure when you create the account that 'Access' is not checked. Then edit the connection details to use the new passcode for the account you created.

Regards,

Kent Williams
Williams Automation

#15 wildfire

wildfire

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:00 PM

It's working well now. Thanks for the support!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users