• Experience:average
  • Software:HomeSeer
  • Hardware:CaddX, Elk M1
  • Tech:X10-PLC, X10-RF, Custom, xPL
  • Audio:Squeezebox
  • Video:Windows Media Center
  • CCTV:ip, dvr

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:59 PM

A day ago I purchased this app. It's great! I love how it works over GSM/HDSPA and truly amazed by the stability of the app.
I can imagine this becoming a must-have for every M1/Android owner. I'm using a HTC Desire running 2.2.

I came across a bug (I think) I'm not sure if there is a support forum so I'll post it here:

When labels (Lighting/task/zone names) are changed in the M1, the new labels are not copied to ElkDroid via the 'Find Devices' function. I see it downloading 'names' but the lighting/zone/task list still displays the old labels.
Also 'hiding' a lighting address in ElkRP will not hide it in ElkDroid using 'Find Devices'.
Starting new, removing the account from ElkDroid, will download all the correct labels.

Also I would really like this:

In the zones-list, please add a text 'bypassed' to a bypassed zone.
Bypassing an already violated zone does not give feedback. (The violated zone is coloured red, bypassing a zone would colour it blue but not for the violated zones. There's no way to check the bypass status.

Smaller touch sensitive area's for activating lights and outputs. I've actually managed to activate the output for the bell box just by mistake. (I have seen that Android apps just make the whole field sensitive, so maybe it just works this way.) Maybe a 'hold to activate' for outputs would work.

Please add some kind of feedback for activating a task. Currently there's only a brief highlight of the task icon. Highlighting it for 2-3 secs would be of much help.

Ability to read temp modules attached to a zone.

Ability to select a distinct audible alert. (Now it chooses the default text message sound, which i find confusing.)

Ability to disable the activation of a specific output via the GUI. (Like the bell box output.)

It would be nice to have separate widgets, outside of the applications to activate specific tasks. (arm/disarm, specific lights, tasks) (like the toggle widgets for WiFi or Bluetooth available for Android)

I know it's a lot to ask, but maybe a few features can make it into your development cycle?

Thank you and keep up the great work!

Kind regards,
Erwin de Raad

#17 KentDub

KentDub

Dedicated Cocooner

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Experience:guru
  • Software:Custom
  • Hardware:Elk M1
  • Tech:Custom

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:36 PM

Hi Erwin,

Thank you for purchasing ElkDroid. Please see my comments inline.

Regards,

Kent Williams
Williams Automation

A day ago I purchased this app. It's great! I love how it works over GSM/HDSPA and truly amazed by the stability of the app.
I can imagine this becoming a must-have for every M1/Android owner. I'm using a HTC Desire running 2.2.

I came across a bug (I think) I'm not sure if there is a support forum so I'll post it here:

When labels (Lighting/task/zone names) are changed in the M1, the new labels are not copied to ElkDroid via the 'Find Devices' function. I see it downloading 'names' but the lighting/zone/task list still displays the old labels.
This is resolved in the current beta version.
Also 'hiding' a lighting address in ElkRP will not hide it in ElkDroid using 'Find Devices'.
This is a limitation of Elk protocol as it does not expose the 'Hidden' attribute to ElkDroid; That attribute is only used to control the display on keypads.
Starting new, removing the account from ElkDroid, will download all the correct labels.
There is also a 'Clear Cache' option that will force ElkDroid to re-download all of the lables without having to recreate your connection.

Also I would really like this:

In the zones-list, please add a text 'bypassed' to a bypassed zone.
Bypassing an already violated zone does not give feedback. (The violated zone is coloured red, bypassing a zone would colour it blue but not for the violated zones. There's no way to check the bypass status.
I will add this to our development list

Smaller touch sensitive area's for activating lights and outputs. I've actually managed to activate the output for the bell box just by mistake. (I have seen that Android apps just make the whole field sensitive, so maybe it just works this way.) Maybe a 'hold to activate' for outputs would work.
For the lighting tab, try scrolling by flicking your finger over the icon rather than trying to hit between the progress bars. I will add 'hold to activate' on our development list.

Please add some kind of feedback for activating a task. Currently there's only a brief highlight of the task icon. Highlighting it for 2-3 secs would be of much help.
The M1 protocol does not send any feedback on task activation so local feedback can be misleading if the Elk did not execute the command, but I'll see if I can come up with a compromise

Ability to read temp modules attached to a zone.
This is in our current beta

Ability to select a distinct audible alert. (Now it chooses the default text message sound, which i find confusing.)
This is already on our development list

Ability to disable the activation of a specific output via the GUI. (Like the bell box output.)
I will add this to our development list

It would be nice to have separate widgets, outside of the applications to activate specific tasks. (arm/disarm, specific lights, tasks) (like the toggle widgets for WiFi or Bluetooth available for Android)
This is already on our development list

I know it's a lot to ask, but maybe a few features can make it into your development cycle?

Thank you and keep up the great work!

Kind regards,
Erwin de Raad

#18 iostream212

iostream212

Dedicated Cocooner

• -=Platinum Supporter=-
  • 281 posts
  • Software:Elve, Harmony
  • Hardware:Elk M1, ISY-99, Custom
  • Tech:INSTEON
  • Audio:Sonos
  • Video:XBMC
  • CCTV:analog, ip
  • Phone:OBi100/110

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:46 PM

Any ETA on the current beta going live? ElkDroid updates are like cherries on sundaes. :D

#19 erwindr

erwindr

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Software:HomeSeer
  • Hardware:CaddX, Elk M1
  • Tech:X10-PLC, X10-RF, Custom, xPL
  • Audio:Squeezebox
  • Video:Windows Media Center
  • CCTV:ip, dvr

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:15 AM

Hi Kent,

Thank you for the prompt reply.
I look forward to the developments.

Kind regards,
Erwin de Raad

#20 DeathtoToasters

DeathtoToasters

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

Hi there,

I purchased and installed the elkdroid software for my Thunderbolt.

After I upgraded my M1 to the newest firmware it finally connected.

The issue I am having is that all the areas in the software are populated, but the security tab.

Any idea of the issue?

Thanks
Dtt

#21 Quixote_1

Quixote_1

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Software:Girder
  • Hardware:Elk M1, Mi Casa Verde Vera
  • Tech:Z-Wave

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

Hi there,

I purchased and installed the elkdroid software for my Thunderbolt.

After I upgraded my M1 to the newest firmware it finally connected.

The issue I am having is that all the areas in the software are populated, but the security tab.

Any idea of the issue?

Thanks
Dtt

Did you try "Find Devices"?

#22 DeathtoToasters

DeathtoToasters

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

Did you try "Find Devices"?

Yup...no difference.

#23 KentDub

KentDub

Dedicated Cocooner

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:17 AM

Hi DeathtoToasters,

Thank you for purchasing ElkDroid. If you haven't been communicating with me via the support e-mail address I recommend that as the most efficient form of communication.

If the security tab is not populated then most likely you have accidently used an invalid passcode in the ElkDroid configuration. Please try creating a new user account on your M1 specifically for ElkDroid (best practice in case the phone is lost or stolen). Ensure this new account does not have the 'Access' option enabled on it. Update the connection information in ElkDroid by long-pressing on the connection and selecting 'Edit' when in a disconnected mode. Update the passcode, save, and connect. After connection please press the menu key and select 'Find Devices', this will force ElkDroid to scan for the "new" areas. After they appear, please press the menu key and reconnect. Then give them a test.

Regards,

Kent Williams
Williams Automation

#24 DeathtoToasters

DeathtoToasters

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

Hi DeathtoToasters,

Thank you for purchasing ElkDroid. If you haven't been communicating with me via the support e-mail address I recommend that as the most efficient form of communication.

If the security tab is not populated then most likely you have accidently used an invalid passcode in the ElkDroid configuration. Please try creating a new user account on your M1 specifically for ElkDroid (best practice in case the phone is lost or stolen). Ensure this new account does not have the 'Access' option enabled on it. Update the connection information in ElkDroid by long-pressing on the connection and selecting 'Edit' when in a disconnected mode. Update the passcode, save, and connect. After connection please press the menu key and select 'Find Devices', this will force ElkDroid to scan for the "new" areas. After they appear, please press the menu key and reconnect. Then give them a test.

Regards,

Kent Williams
Williams Automation

Kent,

I created a new elk account and copied the settings from the original one. I created a new user name and password in the MXP.....

When you mention the access code is not enabled, where exactly do you mean? Do you mean the RP access code in the MXP area? Should I just put in another one and use that one in the droid software?

Thanks

Edited by DeathtoToasters, 04 May 2011 - 01:07 PM.

#25 Quixote_1

Quixote_1

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

Kent,

I created a new elk account and copied the settings from the original one. I created a new user name and password in the MXP.....

When you mention the access code is not enabled, where exactly do you mean? Do you mean the RP access code in the MXP area? Should I just put in another one and use that one in the droid software?

Thanks

The access option that he is referring to is under "User Authorizations" at the bottom right of the user details for the user that you created for use with ElkDroid. Just make sure that it isn't checked.

#26 DeathtoToasters

DeathtoToasters

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

The access option that he is referring to is under "User Authorizations" at the bottom right of the user details for the user that you created for use with ElkDroid. Just make sure that it isn't checked.

Ok I must be totally blind....can you post a screen shot of where you are talking about, I cannot find it!!

Thanks!

#27 Quixote_1

Quixote_1

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:03 AM

Open ElkRP,
sign into your account,
expand "Users" on the left navigation plane (folder items),
Select the user that you are using for ElkDroid,
The bottom right item is "Duress". Four items up is Access.

#28 DeathtoToasters

DeathtoToasters

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:21 PM

Open ElkRP,
sign into your account,
expand "Users" on the left navigation plane (folder items),
Select the user that you are using for ElkDroid,
The bottom right item is "Duress". Four items up is Access.

Same result. Nothing in the security tab.....

#29 DeathtoToasters

DeathtoToasters

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:08 PM

Now I am getting connection failed / login failed. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Can someone give me the developers email?

I appreciate it.

DTT

#30 KentDub

KentDub

Dedicated Cocooner

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:54 PM

Hi DeathToToasters,

I would be more than happy to assist you. I apologize for the delays, but I am unable to monitor cocoontech with the same level of service that I can via the support email address. The e-mail is posted on the Android Marketplace under the application details. It is support at williamsautomation.com.

Regards,

Kent Williams

Williams Automation

Edited by KentDub, 05 May 2011 - 10:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users