• Software:EventGhost, HomeSeer
  • Hardware:Elk M1, Mi Casa Verde Vera, Ocelot
  • Tech:X10-RF, UPB, Z-Wave, ZigBee
  • Audio:AirPlay
  • Video:SageTV
  • CCTV:analog, ip, dvr
  • Phone:OBi100/110

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:54 AM

Kent, if you subscribe to this thread (which you should be since you created it), you should receive an e-mail notification whenever someone posts. If this isn't the case, let me know.

#32 paxamime

paxamime

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:11 AM

Do you have any plans to make ElkDroid compatible with DroidX? Currently the marketplace says it is not compatible.

#33 KentDub

KentDub

Dedicated Cocooner

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Experience:guru
  • Software:Custom
  • Hardware:Elk M1
  • Tech:Custom

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:29 PM

ElkDroid is fully compatible with the DroidX.

ElkDroid was developed using both the origional Droid and a DroidX, plus several other models testers have.

I am not sure why the market is reporting tha tis it not compatible - I will look into it. Thank you for letting me know.

Regards,

Kent Williams
Williams Automation

#34 Paul

Paul

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

I've been running elkdroid for about 3 months now, and I have 3 issues that I'd like to bring up.

1- if I leave elkdroid running in the background my battery life is literally cut in half. If I unplug my device at 6 am and don't run elkdroid I'm good till midnight. With elkdroid running I don't even make it till I get home from work.
2- even if I tell it to reconnect if it loses connection, it doesn't actually connect until I bring the app up, which means that if I'm pulling into my driveway and want to open my garage door, I have to wait an additional 20 seconds for it to connect/authenticate/get statuses. I realize that this may be a limitation of the elk itself rather than your software, but is there anything I can do to speed this process up?
3- every time I open elkdroid it tells me there is an error report to send. This happens even if I open/close the software without doing anything. I send the reports every time, but I have no idea what is causing them. This is more annoying than anything.

I'm running att's stock 2.2 rom on a motorola atrix, and any feedback you could provide would be lovely.

#35 BraveSirRobbin

BraveSirRobbin

Cocoonut

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7110 posts
  • Software:Main Lobby
  • Hardware:CaddX, Elk M1, Ocelot
  • Tech:X10-RF
  • Video:SageTV
  • CCTV:analog, ip, dvr
  • Phone:OBi100/110, Ooma

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:53 PM

My friend's wife also has the same problem with the connectivity described by Paul above.

#36 GoGrixdale

GoGrixdale

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Tech:UPB
  • Video:Custom

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

I've been running elkdroid for about 3 months now, and I have 3 issues that I'd like to bring up.

1- if I leave elkdroid running in the background my battery life is literally cut in half. If I unplug my device at 6 am and don't run elkdroid I'm good till midnight. With elkdroid running I don't even make it till I get home from work.
2- even if I tell it to reconnect if it loses connection, it doesn't actually connect until I bring the app up, which means that if I'm pulling into my driveway and want to open my garage door, I have to wait an additional 20 seconds for it to connect/authenticate/get statuses. I realize that this may be a limitation of the elk itself rather than your software, but is there anything I can do to speed this process up?
3- every time I open elkdroid it tells me there is an error report to send. This happens even if I open/close the software without doing anything. I send the reports every time, but I have no idea what is causing them. This is more annoying than anything.

I'm running att's stock 2.2 rom on a motorola atrix, and any feedback you could provide would be lovely.

+1

Motorola Droid 2 Global

#37 GoGrixdale

GoGrixdale

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Tech:UPB
  • Video:Custom

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

I dont know for certain but the repeated error reports stopped after:
  • Cleared the cache. Which meant setting up my connection again from scratch BTW.
  • Turned off any tab menus that I wasn't using (like thermostats)
  • Only display menus on the bottom.

Also I found that having ElkDroid shut down with the back button behavior saves battery.

A scheduled connect & check would be nice.

/hth

Edited by GoGrixdale, 06 September 2011 - 08:58 PM.

#38 KentDub

KentDub

Dedicated Cocooner

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

Thank you all for the feedback. I'm on it.

A faster way to reach me is through the support email address: support at williamsautomation.com

Regards,

Kent Williams
Williams Automation

#39 iostream212

iostream212

Dedicated Cocooner

• -=Platinum Supporter=-
  • 281 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Software:Elve, Harmony
  • Hardware:Elk M1, ISY-99, Custom
  • Tech:INSTEON
  • Audio:Sonos
  • Video:XBMC
  • CCTV:analog, ip
  • Phone:OBi100/110

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:07 PM

Any plans to support tablets? I would love to see ElkDroid on honeycomb. :D
Ps. The responsiveness of this app is great and far exceeds all the other isy specific control apps I have tried on android. Thanks!

#40 blmxm

blmxm

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

Ditto on the error EVERYtime I open the app. Also I have noticed two items I very much miss from rms. I have my keypad function buttons set to flash when an item is toggled on by one of them. This was mirrored in RMS, and is not in elkdroid which means I have no idea of their current condition, or of a successful change of condition when pressed. Also there is no means to view the log in this app. Another item I have found very useful.

#41 Quixote_1

Quixote_1

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Software:Girder
  • Hardware:Elk M1, Mi Casa Verde Vera
  • Tech:Z-Wave

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:37 AM

Is ElkDroid dead? :/

#42 KentDub

KentDub

Dedicated Cocooner

• Manufacturers
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:28 PM

ElkDroid is alive and well. I'm continuing to work on the next update - a few bug fixes and a lot of customer requests.

#43 Linwood

Linwood

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

Is there a trial version of this anywhere? I notice the last update on the market was over a year ago (yes, I see the post .-1 saying one is coming). I was a bit taken aback by pointers to the author's web site, but it doesn't respond (www.williamsautomation.com). It has a lot of good reviews, but the above comments about repeated errors are a bit concerning in the fast changing android world, and having an older application that I can't try before I buy to see if it even works on my phone is a bit of a concern. The 15 minute return window on the market is not a lot of time to test such a thing.

#44 mlanierjr

mlanierjr

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

Create a new user account for ElkDroid, so in the event your phone is lost or stolen you can lock it out. Make sure when you create the account that 'Access' is not checked. Then edit the connection details to use the new passcode for the account you created.

Regards,

Kent Williams
Williams Automation

Thank You! Nice piece of software and UI

#45 kojack

kojack

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

I am trying to contact support from Elkdroid through their email [email protected] and getting no response. I do not want to bash them as there could be a good reason for not responding. It has been over 2 weeks and nothing. Am I the only one having this problem? If Kent's mother is reading this could you tell him to have a look at his emails.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users