Please update your profile

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Please take a moment to update your profile. If you scroll down in your profile, you'll see you can select your home automation options. This will tell people what you have, plus you can find other members based on these options. This, plus specifying your location, will allow members to provide you with more accurate info when posting.

If you see certain software/hardware components which aren't in the list, let me know, and I'll add them.

Thanks guys!

Edit: Please don't forget to remove this information from your signature, so things won't be as cluttered. Thanks!

It's something I considered, but am worried about displaying all that info in such a tiny space. For now, you'll have to specify the primary controller. while I figure out the layout thing (this actually affects me too).

If you add an "Insteon with ISY" option under the lighting/tech section, that takes some of the conflict off the hardware dropdown.

And you may want to add "UPB with ISY" in the near future.

Alright, I moved some things around, so you can select multiple software and hardware components. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

In order to stop signature spam and reduce clutter, non-subscribers have these signature restrictions. Obviously your existing signature isn't a problem, so you have been grandfathered in, but you won't be able to make changes to it, or you will run into the restriction as well :( I'm still testing these parameters, and if there is enough noise, I will reconsider, but I'm hoping people understand.

This is one of the reasons I implemented this 'My Cocoon' feature, so people can still share this kind of information.

You can already add some social networking and web info in your profile, but I'll add a Twitter/Blog/House URL link & icon as well, to compensate for this change.

Back