Okay, here's the latest. Just as a test I decided to go ahead and remove the login username and password from my M1XEP and reconfigured myKeypad to only use the passcode as per the myKeypad author's suggestion to get around the "login" bug they have in the app that causes the panel configuration download to fail. I first tried it against the secured port 2601 from the external Internet using my dynamic DNS domain name. Didn't work. I tried port 2601 on the internal network using the internal IP. Didn't work. I tried the unsecured port 2101 on the internal network. This time myKeypad was able to download the entire panel configuration successfully. Finally, we're getting somewhere! Well no, not quite. On the main screen, clicking the panel only shows "Can't connect to panel". Great. Talk about useless.
So the bottom line is this... This app does not work one bit. It is 100% broken and non-functional.
DO NOT BUY THIS APP! At least not until these issues are resolved.
(EDIT: Developer has released version 1.2 which addresses all of the bugs that prevented the app from working for me. I can now recommend the app to those who need an inexpensive way to arm & disarm their Elk alarm panel from their Android device)
There is currently no way that I know to make this app work. The developer promises a fix within a week. I really hope the developer gets his act together and makes good on his promise. I don't know how anybody could upload an app that is so obviously non-functional that it isn't even possible to do anything with the app. I mean... how did they not catch the fact that this app DOES NOT WORK? As of this writing, there are only 2 reviews of the app. The first review was 5 stars and was given by the developer's roommate. Obviously a biased review and doesn't reveal the fact that the APP DOES NOT ACTUALLY WORK. The second review is mine. For obviously reasons, I can only give it 1 star. I would give it 0 stars if the Android Market would let me. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they will get this fixed. I'll be honest with you, if it weren't for the fact that they responded to my email, I would guess they were trying to scam people into buying a non-functional app. I'll see if they release a fix in the next week. If they don't soon, then it will be my responsiblity to report them to Google. Stay tuned.
Edited by Xpendable, 26 February 2011 - 11:33 PM.