16 replies to this topic

#16 ewelin

ewelin

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:47 PM

Thanks! I had rooted my HTC Tilt Windows Mobile phone quite a bit, but wasn't ready to do it on my EVO until just the past month where I keep running out of space.

One question I do have, if I root I know I void warranties. Is there a easy way back, my phone is over a year old, but I have the insurance on it through sprint. If rooting it kills that, then insurance will be pointless.

#17 Lou Apo

Lou Apo

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2614 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Hardware:ISY-99
  • Tech:INSTEON
  • Audio:Custom
  • Video:Windows Media Center
  • CCTV:analog, dvr

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:08 AM

Thanks! I had rooted my HTC Tilt Windows Mobile phone quite a bit, but wasn't ready to do it on my EVO until just the past month where I keep running out of space.

One question I do have, if I root I know I void warranties. Is there a easy way back, my phone is over a year old, but I have the insurance on it through sprint. If rooting it kills that, then insurance will be pointless.

First off, I hope you don't have android 2.3. It can't be rooted, at least not yet. I rooted 2.2 and it was very very easy using unrevoked.

"unrooting" your phone is a matter of turning "s-on". (security on). I understand it can be done and it becomes essentially impossible to tell it was rooted (probably if someone really wanted to know they could, but it would be hard).

However, if I understand the pay warranty correctly, it covers the phone for any kind of damage. In that case, they really don't have much call to deny you coverage for rooting. But, if they do, just drive your car over it, now I challenge them to figure out it was rooted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users