My Automation Studio Layout

Desert_AIP

I just thought I'd throw these up here and maybe generate some ideas or feedback from you all.
Thanks to D14 for pointing me in the direction of the free icon and background site.

Home page (I still have to install the Attic temp sensor ;) ):
HomeFirstButtonList.png

Home page with second group of bottom buttons:
HomeSecondButtonList.png

Home page showing all of the status icons. These turn on or off depending on the status of various things.
HomeAllIcons.png

Automatic Arming Enabled
Trash Night
Recycle Night
Window Open
Door Open
Garage Door Open
Shop Door Open
House Water Secured
Console Beeps Disabled
Sprinklers Active
Countdown Timer Active
Wine Cooling Timer
Party Mode
Overnight Guests Present

The standard Security Panel with new buttons
Security.png

Today's Weather (updated every 20 minutes)
TodaysWeather.png

5 Day Forecast (updated every 20 minutes)
5DayForecast.png

I will post them as I get them done. Most of the submenus are the standard HAI scheme with different buttons for now.

I have to rebuild the entire project from scratch bit by bit. For some reason I am having a terrible time with it crashing. I make a small change and upload it and it crashes on reboot. Forcing me to reflash the touchscreen and start back from the last point I was at. Very frustrating.

I have to re-work the zones one to include my woodshop and shed. It is basically a floorplan with status buttons for the doors and windows color coded green, red and yellow for Secure, Not Ready and Bypassed. Pressing a bypassed zone restores the zone and pressing a secure zone bypasses it.

My irrigation page is done. I started doing pages for each room with all the items inside, lights, fans etc. But I'm not sure if I want to go that way.

More Screens
I forgot to mention above, the icons in the top left of each page that look like they are just the page icons are the back buttons.

Alarm (with links to the zones panel to see which zone tripped and disarm, or just go to the disarm panel):
Alarm.png

Flooding Alarm Screen (tapping the screen takes the user home - water valve automatically shuts on flooding alarm):
Flooding.png

Lights (room control):
LightsRoom.png

Lights (unit control):
LightsUnit.png

Thermostat:
Tstat.png

Wine Chilled:
My wife likes to put a bottle of wine in the freezer for 20 minutes to chill it.
Sometimes we've forgotten about it, or set the oven timer and gone to another part of the house and forgotten about it.
Now I have a button that runs for it. When we run the button it starts a timer flag and the Wine Icon shows up on the home screen to remind us it's running. If I tap the icon it immediately cancels the timer or we can let it run the full time.
When the timer is done this screen pops up and the Omni says "Wine is Ready" over the audio system.
Wine.png

really nice! i'm curious, what was the pointer was that D14 gave you? your icons and bkgd look great

Jeff,
What screen are you using?
I was running AS on a 5.7 with similar graphics and it was painfully slow.
My 5.7 has officially been replaced with an Ipad running Haiku.
Although it does not have the same degree of customization, I have to say that I am much more happy now with this set up.
I am counting on Haiku getting better and/or on HAI coming out with something for the Ipad.

Hey Ernesto

I'm running two 5.7es.
They aren't too painfully slow "yet".
I have standard consoles at my entry/egress points, which I use for arming/disarming and I use the 5.7es for WAF stuff.

I want to have an iPad on the family room end table running Haiku and for general websurfing/e-mail, etc. Agree on the image customization.

I wanted to play with the graphics, this is as much a hobby so I like tinkering. I'm using almost no web content, so it isn't too slow yet.
The weather page gets downloaded and hosted on my local LAN server so there aren't any realy 5.7e resources going to that except to display a jpg.
I minimized the number of background images so there is only the single copy in it's memory.
I want to see what happens when the floorplan screens get uploaded. That may be the straw that broke the camel's back.
If I stick to what I have now, using primarily the standard menus, it works well for us.

I'd really like a larger wall mount touch screen for monitoring my cameras, I'm looking at the 10" Borgs for that app, but that means another several hundred in software in addition to the hardware.
I would love to see AS able to run on the iPad.

I used the Blue and White square icons and recolored them in Paint Shop (changed via HSV method so the background didn't change).

Does your wife really like chilled red wine?

-Tom

That's why it's only 20 minutes, to take the edge off.
The wine inside gets down to ~60 which is perfect temp for reds.
"Room Temp" doesn't mean 80. ;)

Plus the red wine image is visually more impactful than a white (artistic license) :D

I used the Blue and White square icons and recolored them in Paint Shop (changed via HSV method so the background didn't change).

Did you mix from different sets? For example, I see the trash icon in the blue white set, but I don't see the recycle icon?

Looking real good btw.

Thanks.

Since the Blue/White Square set is incomplete, I made a blank background icon, then borrowed the symbols from another set.
The Blue and white butttons IIRC. That set also has the animals so I can use a cat and Hello Kitty icon.

But the Recycle Icon is in the "Signs" set:

117962-matte-blue-and-white-square-icon-signs-full-set

http://icons.mysitemyway.com/gallery/post/matte-blue-and-white-square-icons-signs/page-2/

I did the same thing with the long buttons. I took the square icons and just made them bigger.
I did all the work in 256x256 (the native resolution of the icons) then rescaled to 64x64, 48x48, or whatever the relevant size is.

I played a bit with colored icons, but I like this grey/taupe a little better. The only color icons I have right now are the light bulbs.
I have concept mockups using about 10 different backgrounds so my wife could decide which one she wanted.

Of course the background she likes has the worst contrast with the white text.
I tried different text colors and didn't like them, so I made a darkened section (30% black overlay) inside a panel for the home page text boxes.

I wish I could display the Sunrise and Sunset times but there is no way to do it.
I thought about using user settings, but you can't display those either.

I do have a rain counter I want to implement, I think I can get that running correctly. Also a car counter for the driveway sensor.

I had a camera thumbnail on the home page but my wife thought it blocked the nice background too much. :p

Funny on the camera on the home page.

I have to say, I really like the style you have there. I am really basing a bunch of my screens on it. Would you mind sharing where you got the weather icons from? I can find a bunch, but none that contain the backgrounds which I think really add to it.

Back