intermatic HA09 Z wave remote issues

potts.mike

I have an intermatic HA09 wave remote that acts as my primary controller. It has been cloned to one of their USB sticks so it doesn't get used very often. The wave network has been operating pretty much trouble free several months but I went to add a new module to the network today and the remote would not work. Whenever I attempt to use the remote to turn a light on or off the red led just flashes. The manual is not much help so I thought I would see if anyone here has experienced this.

I have an intermatic HA09 wave remote that acts as my primary controller. It has been cloned to one of their USB sticks so it doesn't get used very often. The wave network has been operating pretty much trouble free several months but I went to add a new module to the network today and the remote would not work. Whenever I attempt to use the remote to turn a light on or off the red led just flashes. The manual is not much help so I thought I would see if anyone here has experienced this.
A flashing red light indicates an error occurred. One of several things might be the cause of this issue...
- There is no device assigned to the channel button you are pressing.
- The device is not sending and 'ack' back to the controller.
- The controller may be stuck in an unknown state.
- The controller is not a primary controller and cannot include or delete modules to or from the network.

This might sound like a silly question, but were there any devices assigned to each of the 6 ON/OFF button pairs?
From your post above, it sounds like the controller was not responding prior to you actually attempting to add the new module to the network.
Try rebooting the controller...open the battery door and press the little button found inside the battery compartment. If the microprocessor was in an unknown state, hitting this button is the hard reset to the processor. No settings or data will be lost.
Try new batteries. Usually when the batteries are running low, the green and red LEDs will flash alternatingly after you press a channel ON or OFF button.
If you press the INCLUDE or DELETE buttons, does the red LED flash?
Do you have more than one HA09 in your house where this controller is not the primary remote controller?
--> Did you transfer primary control from the HA09 to the PC that is using the USB stick?
---> Can the program that is using the USB stick include or delete modules? If it can, then it has probably been promoted to the role of primary and changed the HA09 to secondary.

I assume he's using CQC, in which case the stick is a secondary controller. Perhaps the remote has somehow lost it's configuration and no longer has the right network id? Can you still replicate it to the stick via the CQC driver?

Even though I got the red light I replicated the controller to CQC and the modules showed up and worked fine so I just wrote it off as a fluke

Back