touchpad firesale starts the 20th

damage

in case you missed it, hp axed their webos business yesterday. 16gb touchpads will be going for $99.

http://goo.gl/IyfLZ

got a couple too. signed in w/ hp academy. this is similar to what i did: http://goo.gl/hgyS8 and don't forget those coupon codes

sale officially goes live @ 7AM eastern tomorrow from what i've read but there may be nothing left w/ all the slickdealers getting in early

Moving fast - kept checking HP last night and this morning and still no stock; BB says they are sold out; but I never saw then on sale there; Walmart just saids to check the stores...

that thread on slickdeals is epic. 2.6M views and then the mods split the thread off and the new thread has over 1M views. from what i've reda in that thread, bb is not going to sell them. they are just returning them so hp.com may have more to sell later. if you didn't hit walmart at the open, they're most likely gone. office depot, staples, sam's club are supposed to have them for the sale price and it looks like most ppl are getting them there right now. for these things, the slickdeal motto is "do not call the store" because it's been said some employees will hide them for themselves when they find out about the deal.

Went to Wal-Mart. This kid there said that there was a line this morning and they sold out in about 5 minutes.

I went to 4 Wal~Mart's last night at around 11 pm, and found one at the last store on my list, a 16gb model. I paid $398 for it. They have a no questions asked 15 day return policy on all tablets and PC's so no problem getting stuck with it. I checked WalMart today, and they are selling for $99. I am just gonna take it back with the receipt, return it, and buy it back at the $99 :) Very worse case scenario, they will not go for that, and will just return it for a full refund.

The HP "app store" only has around 2,000 apps in it, and a lot of them are designed for WebOS phones. Meaning, they run in the center of the app, at the native phone solution, and not full screen. That aside, there are a lot of nice features on it. The web browser is really good. It plays 1080p YouTube videos perfectly, and the resolution is really really good. I haven't purchased it yet, as I will wait to see if I can do the return / re-purchase thing first, but it has an XBMC app. This would allow full control of my Media PC. Using the web browser also allows complete control of Home Seer lighting and such.

I would never pay $400 for this thing, with the other options out there, but for $99 its definitely worth it!

@ damage: THANK YOU for the heads up!

John,

people on slickdeals are posting walmart is giving price adjustments so i think you'll be fine. others wrote that hp small/medium business site has touchpads at the sale price now. their site is getting hammered though.

http://shopping1.hp.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/WW-USSMBPublicStore-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductUUID=hH0Q7EN5nJ8AAAEvWNkr_eNP&CatalogCategoryID=UZYQ7hac3LsAAAExQ1cRE3Kg&JumpTo=OfferList#ProductLinkCrossSelling

Just now jumping in here.... Had one in my cart only to find out - I did not... For 99 bucks I'll take 2 - Will try to be patient,

Does anyone know if it can be made to work w/ Homeseer?

I did read you could put the device in development mode and its just Linux; from there you can either use the Linux version of HS (with Mono) or RDP (which I am doing with the Chumby).

Cut you a deal Monk; if I find more than one; will get you one; if you find more than 2 will you get me one?

I just chatted with one sales person whom had them still at list; he said on MON they were dropping the price.

Cut you a deal Monk; if I find more than one; will get you one; if you find more than 2 will you get me one?

I just chatted with one sales person whom had them still at list; he said on MON they were dropping the price.

Sure thing Pete - If it turns out that we both end up with extra, it shouldn't be hard to sell one off.

Back