Keypads 101

Forgive my ignorance, but I just graduated from a 30 year old switch on/switch off security panel to an ELK M1G. or the life of me, I cannot figure out how to disarm the system from a M1KP2 keypad. I find I can control everything from the RP software, and I can arm things from the keypad.

But I enter my 4 digit user code and the keypad beeps (kind of negative beep sound) & it won't disarm. What am I missing?

I noticed if I enter my wife's 4 digit code, it does beep or disarm either. From the Users guide, all should need to do is enter a User code.

Are you arming with a code or quick arm? Assuming you're entering the correct user code, what level access does it have - disarm?

So far, I only press the Stay or Away buttons to arm, no access code is entered. I assume the RP should set the user codes shown in the attached. Also, this table shows what access level has been assigned. However, when I enter mine, it beeps, but does not disarm. If I enter either of the other 2 codes, it does even beep.

BTW: I used my access code in the ISY configuration and the ISY does not seem to read the ELK. So I wonder if something is wrong with the way the codes are saved. There are no conflicts between the system and what is shown on my account profile.

Attachments

• 120229_ELKUsers.png
    120229_ELKUsers.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 29
Remove temp and duress from what I believe is your code (U1).

Then with the system ready, enter in a valid code, post your results.

Remove temp and duress from what I believe is your code (U1).
Thanks. That was it.
However, according the ISY set-up guide, "All boxes are to be checked EXCEPT the access box". So to get around that, I renamed U1 to ISY & assigned a different User Code. I put that code in the ISY configuration so that connection works.

I then added myself as a 5th user and as you indicated, I did not check those 2 boxes. My code (and all other users) works fine now. BTW, I also updated the bootware/firmware of the XEP and it's possible that allowed the correct communication to the ISY and keypad.

Back