• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Hardware:Elk M1, ISY-99
  • Tech:INSTEON
  • Audio:Russound
  • CCTV:ip

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

Forgive my ignorance, but I just graduated from a 30 year old switch on/switch off security panel to an ELK M1G. or the life of me, I cannot figure out how to disarm the system from a M1KP2 keypad. I find I can control everything from the RP software, and I can arm things from the keypad.

But I enter my 4 digit user code and the keypad beeps (kind of negative beep sound) & it won't disarm. What am I missing?

I noticed if I enter my wife's 4 digit code, it does beep or disarm either. From the Users guide, all should need to do is enter a User code.

#2 video321

video321

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Hardware:Elk M1, Mi Casa Verde Vera
  • Tech:Z-Wave
  • Audio:Custom
  • Video:Custom
  • CCTV:analog, dvr
  • Phone:Ooma

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

Are you arming with a code or quick arm? Assuming you're entering the correct user code, what level access does it have - disarm?

#3 sanders2222

sanders2222

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

So far, I only press the Stay or Away buttons to arm, no access code is entered. I assume the RP should set the user codes shown in the attached. Also, this table shows what access level has been assigned. However, when I enter mine, it beeps, but does not disarm. If I enter either of the other 2 codes, it does even beep.

BTW: I used my access code in the ISY configuration and the ISY does not seem to read the ELK. So I wonder if something is wrong with the way the codes are saved. There are no conflicts between the system and what is shown on my account profile.

Attached Files

#4 DELInstallations

DELInstallations

Cocoonut

• Professionals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3298 posts
  • Software:Custom
  • Hardware:CaddX, DSC, Elk M1, Custom
  • Tech:X10-PLC, X10-RF, UPB, INSTEON, Z-Wave, ZigBee, C-Bus, 1-Wire, RadioRA, RadioRA2, Crestron, AMX, Custom, CentraLite, Control4
  • Audio:Custom
  • Video:Custom
  • CCTV:analog, ip, dvr

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

Remove temp and duress from what I believe is your code (U1).

Then with the system ready, enter in a valid code, post your results.

#5 sanders2222

sanders2222

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

Remove temp and duress from what I believe is your code (U1).

Thanks. That was it.
However, according the ISY set-up guide, "All boxes are to be checked EXCEPT the access box". So to get around that, I renamed U1 to ISY & assigned a different User Code. I put that code in the ISY configuration so that connection works.

I then added myself as a 5th user and as you indicated, I did not check those 2 boxes. My code (and all other users) works fine now. BTW, I also updated the bootware/firmware of the XEP and it's possible that allowed the correct communication to the ISY and keypad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users