• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shaunms

shaunms

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

I have set up my M1EXP and the email works when i use the diagnostics utility to send. when i use the test email button in thr rp software or set up rule to email myself every 5 mins for example i get nothing. why would this be? this is my rule i created..am i missing something?

WHENEVER EVERY 5 MINUTES
THEN SEND EMAIL MESSAGE 1 TO [email protected](Email 1)

#2 sanders2222

sanders2222

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Hardware:Elk M1, ISY-99
  • Tech:INSTEON
  • Audio:Russound
  • CCTV:ip

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:48 AM

Is your ELK tied to an ISY home controller?

#3 DotNetDog

DotNetDog

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Hardware:Elk M1
  • Tech:UPB

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

You know...I haven't verified this but it seems like whenever I am connected via ElkRP my rules to fire emails don't work. However, once I disconnect ElkRP then I begin receiving emails. I'll test this theory a bit more this weekend.

#4 wuench

wuench

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
  • Experience:guru
  • Software:CQC, EventGhost, Harmony
  • Video:XBMC
  • CCTV:dvr
  • Phone:OBi100/110

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

I would not be surprise if all ethernet functionality goes on hiatus when you connect with ElkRP. It doesn't kill the TCP connections to other devices, but it doesn't allow commands to be sent. But an ElkRP connection should not be confused with a client connection like the ISY. I have the ISY running with the new Elk module as well as CQC connected and have no issues with my M1XEP or emails.

#5 sanders2222

sanders2222

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Audio:Russound
  • CCTV:ip

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

I have the ISY running with the new Elk module as well as CQC connected and have no issues with my M1XEP or emails.

Do you send your emails from the ELK or the ISY? Since the ISY is much more robust in handling emails, why would you need to set up the email parameters to the M1XEP?
If shaunms has an ISY, I would forget the ELK set up for emails. I also read where the XEP prioritizes it's network communication to the ELKRP when connected. So you may be right in that emails won't go out if you are connected with the RP software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users