Honeywell tuxedo

sandjunky

Has anybody installed one yet? I just installed a vista 21ip and the tuxedo, but honeywell will not work with end users at all and the few places around here the install honeywell have NO clue what i am talking about.

Had been considering it also, but got the installation guide, and found it will not work with my Vista 50P. Your Vista 21P is listed as compatible. I have seen both the Installation Guide and User's Guide, which are available on Honeywell's dealer support site, and neither of them mentions the built-in web server, or even shows the Ethernet connector (I believe the first one to be released used wired Ethernet for the built-in web server). It is odd that there is no documentation that talks about this.

Note they are supposed to be adding a model with WiFi for wireless internet access, and also one with Z-Wave for automation capability in the near future.

I tryed calling tech support and they dont even know anything about it!! I can IP into it localy but have not setup the port foward on my router yet. I have three zwave light installed, but only one works and I cant find the other devices. The firmware in on rev 1, so i am hopeing they will make some changes. it does have a rj-45 plug on the back and also the power and com prts for the panel. still learning lots about it and what it can/cannot do. i need to know how to config the vista panel from the tuxedo (zones and names of zones). if i enter info in the concole menu, nothing changes.

I am am a dealer and plan on taking the plunge this week. I also have a 21ip. Does anyone know if I can get a zwave controller that can program from Web browser or pc but then operate in a stand alone mode?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

You need to receive the information from the panel, console mode has nothing to do with it. There's really not much to them.

well after a lot of reading and tech calls this is what i have found;

IP cams need a firmware update so you can make changes on the tuxedo (need an alarmnet account). then you can port foward.
Zwave seems to be working good, but the perset action commands dont work (lights set to a schedule). Not sure why as of yet
I can make changes to the vista through the tuxedo, but it a slower connection (not a big deal).

Still leaening about this system and I hope they keep updating the firmware cause I can a lot of good things to come from this unit.
Would be noce if the remote GI was the same as local to the tux.
door beep chime on exit/entree (might be I dont have it setup right, but doubt it).

what would also be cool, if they had a unit that was hand held WiFi with built in bat. so you could take it around the house

The Tux is an AUI, so as such, any virtual "keypresses" will take longer and the ECP data flow is also slower to update. Part of the reason why it's not recommended to program from any AUI unit.

DEL,
Have you put a Tux in yet? Just curious to see if you liked it. I think it is alot better than the other AUI pads they have put out in the past. Of course thats not saying much.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I've had to dabble with almost every piece of hardware.

It's OK for what it is, basically a keypad via software interface, but as much as I like Honeywell and their hardware, I think it's the wrong way to move into an automation platform. The huge downsides, unless you're a dealer that wants to force the hand for RMR and total connect hardware and services, it's locking you into a bunch of hardware to integrate where other larger platforms are not.

To view it as what it is, a fast way for the dealer network to dabble in HA on an existing platform or do a bolt on HA installation, it'll work, but in the world I deal with, it's a one trick pony and very limited.

It's a shame that they dropped the Apex Destiny line after they purchased it, because that could've been a very nice platform to merge with the Vistas. (too bad they had chipset issues and backorders, which I think it what killed the product).

Back