New Firmware 3.10A old comm/time problems back

pete_c

Guru
Upgraded to 3.10A a week or so ago. I see two issues that have cropped up:

1 - losing time (almost an hour from yesterday's sync) - 3rd time sync now in two days
2 - comm issues via PCA with thermostat - odd comm issues with thermostat

Updated laptop XPSP3 PCA to 3.10A to see if that helps with anything; reloading configuration and reupdating this morning.

No issues or errors with software PCA update.

I am seeing network comm issues every few seconds with updating configuration on Omni Pro II panel.

Comm status: Retrying:100

Should I downgrade firmware to previous version as I didn't have comm issues with thermostat nor time issues?

Attachments

• FW310A.jpg
    FW310A.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 28
Back??? I don't think those problems ever left, at least they haven't for me. I have to constantly resync my time.

This comm and time problems had gone away with previous firmware version 3.9.

The losing time issue is messing with my lighting schedules and the comm / thermostat issues is dinging the WAF (Omnitouch ==> Omnistat comm issues).

Today updated 3 machines that were running PCA 3.9 software with PCA 3.10A software and reuploaded configurations just to see if that does anything to improve the issues (I am pessimistic that it will not though).

From 8 AM to 5:30 PM the panel lost 30 minutes of time today.

An FYI.

Downgrading to Firmware 3.9 from 3.10 wiped the panel configuration.

Resetting IP and other stuff I was able to get back into it and write current version of configuration.

Same issues with downgrade. Someone on the forum mentioned removing the network connection which I did last night. It worked; once removed saw my thermostat just fine (no comm issues) and time sync remained OK this morning.

That said went back up to firmware version 10A. Reconnected network and all is well.

Did anyone see what features were included in v3.10a over 3.9? I cannot seem to find any documentation on the firmware upgrade.

Thanks!

To see what has changed in PC Access:

In Windows go to: "Start->Programs->HAI->PC Access->PC Access 3 Release Notes"

In PC Access go to "Help->Release Notes"

To make sure you have the latest version of the software and the release notes (probably should do this first) go to "Help->Check for updates".

Just don't tell anyone... ;-)

Time has been stable now since my last post and up until 2 days ago when I turned on the AC via the Omnistat. The comm problems came back.

The day of the changeover clock lost about 60 minutes. It doesn't make sense. I reset the clock and disconnected the network cable and all if fine again.

Has your Russound audio status stopped working with the 3.10a update? I can still successfully send commands to my Russound units but the statuses never update in either PC Access or Haiku. Basically, two zones are stuck in the On position and the rest are stuck in the Off position (again, I can power them on and off but the HAI status for them is stuck).

Not sure when this started exactly, but it seemed to be around the time of the update.

Pete

I know you have had time syncing issues off and on for a long time. Can you explain in more detail exactly what is and is not happening? If I understand correctly it sounds like the act of changing your firmware triggers it.

Mike,

I haven't noticed relating to the Russound control via OmniTouch. I will test it though. It's currently either controlled by the KPL's, Omnitouch or Homeseer touch screens.

Will do a bunch of testing using PCA, Omnitouch, KPLs and HS. I just did a quick test of just the KPL and Omnitouch. I did see the status' change on the Omnitouch when making changes via KPL. I did try to shut off one zone on the Omnitouch and it didn't shut off. Everything though seemed to work OK. Will do more.

Mr. Spock,

Its more than just when I change the firmware. It did start a few revisions back. Initially I thought / HAI thought it was an Omnistat communications issue and my Omnistat was replaced 3 times when installed. This because the Omnitouch/PCA wasn't updating with values from the panel and vice versa. Said also occurring was the time would go way off concurrently.

I just keep the network connection disconnected with only the serial links connected and I never see any issues. This is a mickey mouse solution that'll have to do until its corrected. I do have many of the serial ports connected (X10, UPB, Z-Wave and Russound). What will happen totally at random will be my time will go off sync by like an hour in a day. I can tell because my lighting schedules become off. I then look at the Omnistat / Omnitouch and will see zero for the remote temperature monitoring and an on and off status on PCA occurring simultaneously. That said I plug in the network interface; set the time; unplug the network interface and the issue goes away. This same issue has occurred for a few revisions; documented here on the forum.

Stuff like this scares the crap out of me. I'm planning on buying an HAI panel and more in about 6 months and weird problems like this just infuriate me.

I do not have any issues with the panel installed in second house. I might be pushing it a bit in the midwest maybe?

The issue hasn't cropped up since my last post and unplugging the network cable.

I just plugged in it a few minutes ago. (2340c). That said will test Russound serial connection and will watch the time for a few days.

- Day 2 of NIC connected - 15th July, 2012 - time is in sync and I do not notice any comm issues - I have not tested Russound yet.
- Day 3 of NIC connected - 16th July 2012 - time is in sync and I do not notice any comm issues - Updated FW to 3.10B / Updated PCA to 3.10.2.661

7th AUG, 2012 3.10B FW Time went "off" approximately one hour from yesterday. Checked serial comm on Omnitstat and Russound. Serial not communicating. I left the ethernet cable plugged in and rest the clock. 15 minutes later serial comm came back on Omnitstat, Omnitouch and Russound.

Attachments

• Time-08072012-OFF.jpg
    Time-08072012-OFF.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 8
The "concern" came back a few days ago. Running with the most current firmware (V3.11) on my OPII; updated a couple of months ago. This time all I did was add a couple of events; saved it and all was fine for a day or so. Two days ago I noticed that my time was off some 45 minutes and my lighting was triggering to new times.

I set the time and unplugged the ethernet cable. For two days it was fine. I plugged the ethernet cable back in after two days and did a warm reset.

I recently just looked and the time is off again and communications to the Omnitstat2 is bad (showing a -40 for temperature).

Disconnecting the ethernet interface actually now causes issues for me as I have been switching the Omni 5.7 touchscreens over to the Omni 5.7e ethernet POE touchscreens.

I have no idea what is causing this very random issue?

Today will reload the newest firmware and hopefully the reset after the load will fix the issues.

It did not work as my Thermostat is reading zero right now for the ambient temperature.

This time its just a serial issue as PCA shows ambient temperature just fine along with the Omnitouch 5.7e. Just the Omnitouch 5.7 screens are showing zero for the ambient temperature.

Back