3 replies to this topic

#1 joe39562

joe39562

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

I have a strange thing happening in my office. The M1 can be either Armed or disarmed with this happens. The interior speakers sound the siren (exterior siren does not) randomly. When I look at the keypad it says nothing. I pressed the down arrow. Voice comes on (alarm stops) and says "no zones violated", then after voice back to siren noise again. I entered the code and siren stops but it doesnt say which zone triggered it. Has anyone had this happen to them?

#2 inline

inline

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Hardware:Elk M1, ISY-99
  • Tech:INSTEON
  • Video:BeyondTV
  • CCTV:ip
  • Phone:VoIP via ISP

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

Without knowing too much about your setup, how thngs are wired, etc, it's hard to say. First thing I'd look at though is the logs in the controller to see if anything is in there. Next I'd setup the simple perl script to log everything out of the M1 to a text file to see what's going on.

#3 joe39562

joe39562

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

There is nothing in the logs and I'm not a programmer so I dont know how to do that. Other than that everything is working fine.

#4 inline

inline

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Hardware:Elk M1, ISY-99
  • Tech:INSTEON
  • Video:BeyondTV
  • CCTV:ip
  • Phone:VoIP via ISP

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

By searching the forum you should find reference to the perl script to dump all the M1 messages. No programming needed, just follow the instructions, copy and paste is all that is needed. Hopefully with that extra info you'll see what's going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users