Is M1G multitasking or serialized?

Ira

Is the M1G capable of multitasking (processing one or more events/triggers simultaneously or interleaved), or is it serialized?

More specifically, if sensor S1 triggers followed by sensor S2 triggering a split-second later, will all of the rules that will run as a direct result of S1 triggering run before any rules that will run as a direct result of S2? For example, if an S1 rule causes output O1 to be turned on, is it guaranteed that O1 will be turned on before any S2 rules are triggered, and therefore, any S2 rules that check the state of O1 will see it as on (unless it was subsequently turned off)? If S1 triggers multiple rules that take several seconds to run, and S2 triggers less than a second after S1 triggers, will S2 rules wait until all of the S1 rules have been run?

I assume that in the above example, any rules that might run because of O1 being turned on are a separate "unit-of-work", and may or may not run before the S2 rules depending on when O1 was turned on relative to S2 changing state.

Thanks,
Ira

Why not ask Brad or the other guys at Elk regarding your concern with rules and specific application? I would assume that you are running some tight tolerance timing or similar?

Not that this answers your question, because it doesn't, however. . .

I do know that ISY uses what is called "event driven" control. Which means that new events will start processing as soon as they happen regardless of whether a previous event and it's triggered processes have completed. So, basically, multi-tasking.

Elk programming is much less complex than ISY so it would be less likely to be a consideration, but it sounds like you might have one of those situations.

Back