• Software:Custom
  • Hardware:HAI OmniPro II, Custom
  • Tech:UPB, Custom
  • Audio:Nuvo
  • Video:Custom
  • CCTV:ip
  • Phone:POTS

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

I have a 64 zone (45A00-1) wireless receiver that is causing me some trouble.

Recently I installed a new WiFi mesh form Open-Mesh. The mesh works great in my house and I now have a strong WiFi signal throughout the house. The mesh runs on 2.4GhZ.

Since I installed the mesh network I get frequent invalid keyclicks on one of my consoles. It is the console at address 1. I ahve narrowed it down to the wireless receiver getting erroneous signals and somehow causing it to enter keystrokes on the console. If I disconnect the receiver then the problem goes away.

The only common factors that I can find is that the console and receiver are both on address number 1. I was told that this is not an issue and have not tried different addresses yet.

I have also spoke with the tech support for Open Mesh and they do absolutely nothing in the 433MhZ band.

Also, the devices are not very close to each other.

Sound confusing? It is.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Joe

#2 brianjames

brianjames

Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:49 AM

I have a 64 zone (45A00-1) wireless receiver that is causing me some trouble.

Recently I installed a new WiFi mesh form Open-Mesh. The mesh works great in my house and I now have a strong WiFi signal throughout the house. The mesh runs on 2.4GhZ.

Since I installed the mesh network I get frequent invalid keyclicks on one of my consoles. It is the console at address 1. I ahve narrowed it down to the wireless receiver getting erroneous signals and somehow causing it to enter keystrokes on the console. If I disconnect the receiver then the problem goes away.

The only common factors that I can find is that the console and receiver are both on address number 1. I was told that this is not an issue and have not tried different addresses yet.

I have also spoke with the tech support for Open Mesh and they do absolutely nothing in the 433MhZ band.

Also, the devices are not very close to each other.

Sound confusing? It is.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Joe

I run a bunch of large scale Open-mesh networks and I have never had interference issues. Since the HAI does not operate on the same frequency inference will not be the issue. This could be one of those cases where it’s purely coincidence in that you install Wi-Fi and you have an issue. Are you using Open-Mesh branded devices or are you installing Open-Mesh on a Engenius or other brand? On a side note make sure you stay on top of the firmware releases for Open-Mesh it is one of those products that has issues and that’s why I am switching my networks to the Ubiquiti Unifi product. You can check for firmware updates at http://dev.cloudtrax.com the latest update was an important one.

Brian

#3 joe morris

joe morris

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Experience:guru
  • Software:Custom
  • Hardware:HAI OmniPro II, Custom
  • Tech:UPB, Custom
  • Audio:Nuvo
  • Video:Custom
  • CCTV:ip
  • Phone:POTS

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:01 AM

I run a bunch of large scale Open-mesh networks and I have never had interference issues. Since the HAI does not operate on the same frequency inference will not be the issue. This could be one of those cases where it’s purely coincidence in that you install Wi-Fi and you have an issue. Are you using Open-Mesh branded devices or are you installing Open-Mesh on a Engenius or other brand? On a side note make sure you stay on top of the firmware releases for Open-Mesh it is one of those products that has issues and that’s why I am switching my networks to the Ubiquiti Unifi product. You can check for firmware updates at http://dev.cloudtrax.com the latest update was an important one.

Brian

Thanks Brian,

I am using Open-Mesh branded products. I also have them automatically install the newest beta firmware. I just checked and all of the devices are up to date with the latest test version.

I will do some additional testing with the open-mesh devices powered on and powered off to verify that it was or was not a coincidence. The errors are frequent enough that I will be able to determine any correlation. The controller errors are definitely coming from the receiver, I have verified that.

On the HAI side of the issue. Can you think of any reason that the receiver should be, for whatever reason, "entering" keystrokes into one of the controllers?

Thanks

Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users