OmniTouch 57e Screen Lag Issue

ldeutsch

I have an HAI Omnitouch 57e screen that was installed about two years ago in my new house. About 6 months ago I noticed that when you touch a screen button, it takes ages for the touch screen to react. For example, if I press on Security button, it can take around 90 seconds to get to the security screen. If I then touch the Home button, the home screen can take 3 or 4 mintues to be ready. I have tried resetting the unit with the red button under the faceplate, and i have also tried powering down by disconnecting the network cable but nothing seems to fix it. Can someone suggest what I can try next please?

Do you have a lot of additional IP devices on your LAN now that may be using bandwidth?

You may try reflashing it, equivalent to slicking the drive on a windows machine.

We do have a few IP address but nothing has changed since it not working to working. I thought it might have been a slow router but non of the other devices on that system are having any problems.

We have a picture of our house on the screen and if I re-flash it, I lose that picture. There doesnt seem to be a way to save the picture and settings prior to re-flashing.

What else can I try or do please?

check the size of your image. i suspect it's the culprit here. at least, when i updated my 5.7e with a new background image and everything got slow, that turned out to be the culprit. try decreasing the resolution, changing the format (e.g. .PNG to .JPG), or increasing the compression level.

but, it sounds like you don't have the Automation Studio files to update your touchscreen? i don't know of any way to download your current config from the touchscreen, so if you don't have the Automation Studio files on hand, you might have to re-do it anyway (in which case, reflashing and updating the firmware image before reconfiguring with a smaller image isn't a bad idea while you're at it).

oh, and before doing any of that stuff, if you haven't tried removing the ethernet cable from the back of the 5.7e and re-inserting it, and power cycling your ethernet switch, you should try that first. one of those seemed to result in temporary fixes to my slow or flaky 5.7e situation in the past (my HAI-branded POE switch doesn't appear to be of the highest quality, and in theory power cycling the touchscreen by removing the POE cable may yield a different result than simply pressing the reset button under the front bezel)

Yes, tried all that include disconnecting the network cable and pressing the reset button but it didnt help. I do have access to the Automation Studio but apparently it doesnt not download from the Omnitouch, only uploads. So if I re-flash the Omni, I lose my current image which is what I want to keep.

By th eway, for the first year the unit was fine even with the size of image. Now it is very slow for some reason. Anything further you could suggest would be appreciated.

Back