Elk M1G Monitoring

Ximat

Good evening,

I am hoping someone could help shed some light onto this issue for me.

I have an M1G with an Uplink 2500 and an HAI C3. I currently have a NextAlarm test account setup.

When I have the C3 setup to CID nothing gets reported to the Alarm Activity Log.

When i setup the C3 to SIA FAK and trip a sensor I'll get "Alarm Activity: [#*******|********]" (redacted).

When I have it setup to report with only the Uplink I also do not get any activity in the log when I trip a zone.

Could someone help me isolate/troubleshoot this problem?

Thank you!
X

Two different animals with how the data gets sent from the panel to them.

The 2500 should be attached to an XSP, with the appropriate firmware and settings in the M1 as shown in the XSP manual.

The C3 gets the DTMF data/CID directly (or SIA for that matter) Both, if set correctly should be transparent to the CS if they are programmed correctly.

IE: the 2500 gets it's serial data, then retransmits to Uplink, where the information is ported, either via IP or POTS to the CS (huge difference from reporting directly to a CS via an IP receiver, BTW).

The C3 provides it's cellular dialtone where the panel transmits it's data directly, so you should be able to connect a butt set to the panel and listen to what is going on, dialing, hitting the receiver, handshake, etc. Really no settings besides making it active as a communicator (SIM).

The 2500 is different, if I remember right, you should be able to telnet into the XSP and see the strings come through even with the Uplink firmware. Could be an account # or CS receiver/templating issue. The first is to make sure your end is 100% correct and active first.

I canned NextAlarm and went over to AlarmRelay. No problems at all with the Uplink 2500! Works like a champ!

AR is a bit more costly than NA, but the level of service I received from AR was so much better than NA!

I actually got to speak on the phone with someone at AR! I had my account setup and monitored with them in less than an hour!

Very satisfied,so far that is!

Thanks!
X

Back