• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RexUzelac

RexUzelac

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:51 AM

I am researching changing aluminum pagoda path lights along the sidewalks from 120VAC 60W yellow "bug" bulbs to RGB LED lamps. I want to be able to control the RGB color via a control-over-power technology (so I can reuse the existing AL lights). If required, I could replace all 85 fixtures. The cable is 12G WG, and I have access to the end point; I can convert the power source to anything we want. Ideally (optionally) the lamps would be dimmable and could be individually controlled for special effects.

I have yet to find any reasonable RGB LED lamp for the application. The lamps with a RF remote control are impractical. Does anyone know of some solutions that may work?

#2 BraveSirRobbin

BraveSirRobbin

Cocoonut

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7018 posts
  • Experience:guru
  • Software:Main Lobby
  • Hardware:CaddX, Elk M1, Ocelot
  • Tech:X10-RF
  • Video:SageTV
  • CCTV:analog, ip, dvr
  • Phone:OBi100/110, Ooma

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

I assumed you looked HERE.

We have a forum member who was into this stuff, but he has not been active for four years. His site is here FYI.

#3 RexUzelac

RexUzelac

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

SupperBrightLeds has some nice LEDs! I don't see anything that fits exactly what I want. We'll keep looking.

I am toying with making the assembly myself. It would have the high -power/-brightness RGB LEDs, the LED power driver, the color/brightness controller (mesh RF, powerline, etc), plus sockets/connectors. Or I could just go simple and use off-the-shelf colored LED bulbs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users