Premise Two Output HDMI Switch (Monoprice 4x2)

Motorola Premise

CuTN

Hi,

I'm trying to make a generic device for a Monoprice 4x2 True Matrix HDMI Switch v3 through rs232. I'm having problems getting it to track the two "Current Source" it seems like the default switch only tracks a single Source. How would one go about and add a second "Current Source" for output B?

Cheers

PS. New to the whole premise thing but am very interested in learning and getting up and going with it: seems very powerful and. I am also currently working on a 2-way serial module for a Krell HTS 7.1 Processor.

There is a good serial based matrix switch module to use as an example that was written in Builder using vbscript (not C++). I remember reading the code three years ago, but I recall it used a two way serial protocol, so it would be worth reading for sure. I think the module was for the ADS SC4 switcher:

http://cocoontech.com/forums/files/file/28-module-ads-sc4-switcher/

PS: if this helped you, please post your work when you finish ;)

Cheers,
Just had a quick look at it and AISH my programming has gotten rusty. It might take awhile for me to trudge through all of this but I will definitely post my findings. This definitely looks like it can fit the bill though.

A few quick questions:

1) How does one go about forcing a class to gain inheritance of another class inside the modules section?

2) How was he able to make a class that doesn't have a base template? Every time I try and add another class I am forced to choose a class type

Cheers

PS:
I may put this to after I do a more simple one for a Krell HTS 7.1 Processor I have and use what I learn from that to this. Should I start a new thread or just continue here?

So here's an image of what you are probably seeing. You right click in the content area (center description area), but don't see the "Relationship" option.

The trick is you need to enable expert mode. Left click once in the content pain under any class under modules. Then hold ctrl+shift+alt+a all at once and then let go. You'll see a popup windows that says something like "Expert mode is now enabled." To get out of expert mode, you repeat the same steps.

Attachments

• no relationship option.jpg
    no relationship option.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 3
Here's what you should see assuming you have expert mode enabled. To get to this menu, right click, then navigate as shown. The next step is to click "Inherited Class," and then browse to your object and click ok.

Making your own classes is the way to go as it can make coding much cleaner and organized.

Attachments

• adding a class.jpg
    adding a class.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 6
Back