Connecting an M1RB to an M1TWA

JohnGould

I have an M1TWA connected to the M1G main board. In order to gain additional outputs I bought an M1RB and connected it to J3 ("out to expand") on the M1TWA board. There is no data bus connection on the RB.

It occurred to me that that perhaps I should have gotten an M1XOVR instead of the RB. The M1TWA, with muting enabled, uses up outputs 7,8,9,10,11,12,and 13, leaving only 14, 15, and 16 available. With the RB connected directly to the M1TWA, will I be able to have 8 more outputs (17-24)? I haven't tried it yet - wanted to see if it folks think it will work, or if anyone else has used this combination successfully.

Thanks for any help or advice.

I haven't double-checked the manual, but I think you're SOL. You can't make outputs out of nothing, and the TWA eats up a bunch. Buy an XOVR and plug your M1RB into that.

Thanks Work2Play. I guess, at least, the setup I described above gives me 3 outputs with relays (14, 15, 16).

It seems there are several ways to set-up multiple boards in a dasiy-chain. Would this be a reasonable connection:

M1RB ---> M1XOVR ---> M1TWA ---> M1G main board?

The XOVR connects to the board via the databus so it wouldn't daisy chain through the M1TWA. The M1RB would connect to the XOVR via the same ribbon cable it would normally connect to the onboard outputs.

Also consider a more cost effective way to get those 3 outputs into relays is with individual relays if you want them.

Thanks again. I misinterpreted what the expansion jacks on the TWA were for. Now I understand how to connect the XOVR, and how to get additional output relays through it and the RB.

Back