I have Leviton VPI06-1LZ dimmers upstairs and downstairs which do not connect to the neutral. Using the trick to add a 1.5k ohm resistor in parallel to the lighting circuit, the CFL bulbs work perfectly on three controls (two different breakers) in my kitchen and living room.
However, I'm now doing the same setup in my upstairs bedrooms, and on two different circuits, the CFL bulbs flicker when the controls are in the OFF position. What is going on?
* I tried two dimmers, and they both flicker. I'm getting more this week, which will confirm its not a problem with the dimmers.
* The controls and wiring are the same.
* The CFL bulbs are the same make and model.
* The inline resistors are the same.
* I isolated the HOT from an entire branch, and just connected to just the dimmers, and it still flickered.
Yes, the incandescent work fine, but I was just hoping to use the CFLs for now since I already bought them.
Is there anything else I should try to fix this?
Edited by wolfdown, 09 September 2012 - 03:03 PM.