Humidity sensor HAI compatible

tigers

I was wondering if there's a humidity sensor compatible wigh HAI. I'm looking for a humidity only sensor to put in wall sockets, the omnistat are too much for my use.
I'd like to be able to read the HR% and set the thresold via Omni to command the vent in a windowless room and I don't want people to mess with the settings.
Now I'm doing the same thing with temperature sensor in every room that command heating valves and pumps, so even a temperature/humidity sensor will do (I'd replace the existing temperature only).

Thanks for any help you'll provide

Extended Range Indoor/Outdoor Temp & Humidity Sensor​
HAI Part Number: 31A00-8
Manual

31A00-2.jpg

The 31A00-8 Indoor/Outdoor Temperature Sensor is used for sensing indoor or outdoor temperature from -40 F to 120 F. It is coated with a sealant to withstand outdoor moisture and features a high accuracy temperature sensor that doesn't need calibration. This sensor comes with a bracket for mounting.garages, greenhouses, basements, wine cellars, and coolers. The temperature can be displayed on the console or spoken over the telephone. It can also report, log, alert, or generate an alarm if the temperature reaches freeze conditions or if the temperature goes above the high set point or drops below the low set point programmed in the system.

The Model 31A00-8 also includes a Humidity Sensor that is used for reporting the outdoor or indoor relative humidity from 0 to 100 percent. High and low humidity limits can be set for taking action (i.e. turning on the bathroom vent fan, running a/c in de-humidification mode, turning on humidifier in heating mode, etc.) or reporting high or low humidity conditions in homes, greenhouses, wine cellars, coolers, humidors, etc. Controlling humidity is particularly helpful in combating the growth of mold in vulnerable areas of the home, such as bathrooms, basements, attics, etc.

This sensor cannot be connected to a zone on an Expansion Enclosure (i.e. Model 17A00) for temperature. Run a 4-conductor wire from the controller location to each Model 31A00-8.

For the Lumina Pro, Lumina, OmniPro II, Omni IIe, and Omni LT home control systems.

Yes, I've seen that before, but it looks like it's not exactly "in" wall, more sort of wall attached, don't like he appearance, too "american" for the old europe. I'll post a pic of my current sensor later

How about installing it in a small recessed enclosure, covered with a grill to match your decor?

Yes I was thinking of that or up on top of a closet.
Else I'll have to stick with a conventional in wall humidity sensor(tht everybody will keep exchanging for a thermostat and mess with to raise the temperature... :) )

OR I could take the cicuit board out see if it fits my in wall inlets.

I am also adding a few of these sensors indoors and wondering if the temp/humidity will be somewhat inaccurate by placing them in a wall covered with a grill. Any thoughts? Is there no other brand that works with HAI for temp and humidity? 

Can this unit report Temp and Humidity (I guess it would be two zones) through 4 wire connection or only one or the other?

What would programming code look like to turn on-off the in-wall AC unit using 73A00-3ZB load module?

Lets assume I would like the AC circuit "on" at 85% humidty level and "off" below this value...

Thanks,

Jakar

Jakar said:
Can this unit report Temp and Humidity (I guess it would be two zones) through 4 wire connection or only one or the other?

What would programming code look like to turn on-off the in-wall AC unit using 73A00-3ZB load module?

Lets assume I would like the AC circuit "on" at 85% humidty level and "off" below this value...

Thanks,

Jakar

It reports both temperature and humidity.
It uses one zone for each reading,  total of two.
You run a 4 conductor wire to it, 2 are for 12VDC and GND, the other wires are for the zones (+).

To use as a  trigger, you would make the upper humidity SetPoint for the device be 85%.
The lower setpoint can be a different value.  If you enter "0", it will disable that setpoint.

When the device is below 85% (and above the lower setpoint if enabled), it will report SECURE.
Above 85% it will report NOT READY.

So your code would look something like this:

Code:
WHEN Humidty NOT READY
    THEN Load Module ON

WHEN Humidty SECURE
    THEN Load Module OFF

That is very simple, and there are other HVAC concerns you want to consider in your complete HVAC program.

Thanks, I'll try it again...I thought that's what I was doing and was not able to triger Load "On"...

Managed to make it work...thanks...
Have one more question though - when turning system to AWAY it arms itself to DAY instead...any idea why?
And how to select VACATION on Omni Automation Controler if there is no such button?
Thanks,
Jakar

Jakar said:
Managed to make it work...thanks...
Have one more question though - when turning system to AWAY it arms itself to DAY instead...any idea why?
And how to select VACATION on Omni Automation Controler if there is no such button?
Thanks,
Jakar
You have to open an entry/exit zone after arming in AWAY or the system assumes you never left and arms in DAY mode.
See "unvacated premesis" in the manual.

VACATION (and DAY INSTANT and NIGHT DELAY) are selected in the Security menu. There is no quick arm button.

Resuming the thread because I was wondering if this:

http://dx.com/p/hr202-diy-hygristor-humidity-detection-sensor-module-blue-152069#.UxH1lJK9KK0

Could be used as a humidity trigger for the HAI console.

My plan is to use it in a windowless bathroom so that when humidity reaches a predefined set point the ventilation system starts. So I'm ok with not reading the HR from the console.
I see this thing has a digital output (0/1 they say) and a trimmer to set the threshold I presume.
Do you think this can be done?

tigers said:
Resuming the thread because I was wondering if this:

http://dx.com/p/hr202-diy-hygristor-humidity-detection-sensor-module-blue-152069#.UxH1lJK9KK0

Could be used as a humidity trigger for the HAI console.

My plan is to use it in a windowless bathroom so that when humidity reaches a predefined set point the ventilation system starts. So I'm ok with not reading the HR from the console.
I see this thing has a digital output (0/1 they say) and a trimmer to set the threshold I presume.
Do you think this can be done?

I think the 0/1 output means it provides a voltage or no voltage output (on/off.) Which won't work with an Omni input "zone." Omni input zones are designed to respond to a closed or open circuit (through a proper resistor,) not to a voltage input. So you'll need two things to make this work. 1) first a voltage step down supply because the Omni supplies 12V and the hygrometer unit requires 5V. I saw a variable voltage converter (i.e. SKU: 294353.) on the same site for a few bucks which could likely power several of the hygrometers. 2) Secondly you'll need a way to turn the +5V 0/1 (on/off) voltage from the hygrometer output in to an open/closed circuit. If you have a little electronics background you could probably accomplish this with a transistor and a couple of resistors. Or more easily, there are relay boards available on the same site (SKU: 294353 - 2 channels. there are also 4 and 8 channel modules.) +5V closes the relay circuit (simulating a zone closure) and 0V opens the relay. You would just wire the relay contacts to an Omni zone through a 1K resistor to simulate a zone sensor.

Pretty interesting project. Let us know if it works out for you. And thanks for turning me on to the DIY website. Lots of goodies!

But it was stated in a previous thread that the OPII will accept up to 5V on a zone.
Also I was pretty sure the OPII could send +5 V to devices.

Anyway I ordered it, as soon as it gets here and I have time to play with it a little we'll see. Think I'll use a relay in the worst case.

Back