Windows data-logging software for new 4-channel hub?

politics123

I was dismayed to find my favorite data logging software doesn't support the new 4-channel hub (it supports the older style). Does anyone have a suggestion on windows data-logging software that does support this new device?

Here's what I need
- log to MySQL
- FTP graph to a web-site
- Runs natively under windows.

Thanks!

The 1wire commands used to control the new 4 port hub are completely different, old DS2409 vs the new custom chip. The principle remains the same and it should be fairly easy to make the modifications. Contact whoever developed your data logging software and see if they can update it. The commands are in the manual.

That particular developer doesn't want to update his code because the 4-channel hub isn't a "true" one-wire device.... Which begs the question can I just write my own. I dug up my old java manual, used the sample code from Maxim (WinUSB/default adapter) to create a quick app that finds the 4-channel hub on the 1-wire network, etc.

Naively, I figured I could just implement the standard Switch or Hub container. (everyone laugh) and turn on the channels.

Obviously, that didn't work (... you can't just cast the object to be something useful... like a OneWireContainer12)

Anyone have a snippet of java sample code that reads/writes to the onewire network and itneracts with the hub?

I have attached a Java file that has some sample test code for our 4 Channel Hub. I have tested it in my environment and it works fine but I have not had time to test it standalone but it should be fine. What you will need is the TMEX drivers from Dallas/Maxim installed and the 1wire.jar file that comes with the drivers.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Eric

View attachment FourChannelHubTester.txt

P.S. The site would not let me upload a .java file so I renamed it to .txt. You will need to rename it back to .java after you download it.

Thanks eric. I'm on an extended trip, so i won't be able to test this for a rew weeks. I'll let you know how it works out.

Hi Eric

I'm just recovering from discovering complete lack of DS2409 and am really impressed to see your new 4 channel hub replacement - must have taken quite some doing!

I'm using the oneWireAPI and wonder if you or anyone you know of has created a container class for your new hub chip?

Thanks
Tony

springgreens said:
Hi Eric

I'm just recovering from discovering complete lack of DS2409 and am really impressed to see your new 4 channel hub replacement - must have taken quite some doing!

I'm using the oneWireAPI and wonder if you or anyone you know of has created a container class for your new hub chip?

Thanks
Tony

Did you ever find any code for this?

Nope.
Bit of a nuisance actually.
Quite possibly the Dallas OneWireAPI is now so old that few people are still using it.
Tony

Back