Alarm.com Camera ADC-V610PT Local Access?

Big517

Anyone know how to access these locally?  It's Alarm.com's PTZ camera.  
Does anyone else have one?

I understand it's OEM counterpart is Vivotek TC5633

Here is the Manual:
http://www.tvcenlinea.com/01VIVOTEK/TC5632/TC5632_5633_Manual.pdf

I stumbled upon a possible user pass combo but it does not work;

Access locally via Port 40925
Login: root
Pass: MAC address (uppercase, no dashes)

Maybe a way to flash a firmware?  Seems like ADC locked it up pretty good.

Anybody have any idea on this?  It's much appreciated.

Over 1 year later.  Closing the loop.

Most Alarm.com cameras use the following login information (maybe after firmware reset)

Login: root
Pass: adcvideo

Hope this helps someone scouring for the info.  

This works but alarm.com addresses are still in there and the camera attempts to communicate with them. I don't see any way to change that in the configuration. Does anyone have or know where I can find the original firmware for this device?

If its the same as the Vivotek TC5633 camera then maybe try to update it with that firmware?

The reset to factory defaults is the same for the two cameras.  If the company stuff is hard coded though it might not work anyways.  Anything thing is that sometimes the cameras initially do an TFTP look while booting.  This may work too.

ADC

1 - With the camera fully powered on, hold down the reset button for 60 seconds. It seems like a long time but with the older model Alarm.com cameras you have to hold it down for a full 60 seconds to get a complete factory reset.
2 - After you let go of the reset button, wait until the LED on the camera is solid red (not blinking).
3 - Power cycle the camera by unplugging it from power and plugging it back in.

Vivotek

There is a button in the back side of the Network
Camera. It is used to reset the system or restore the
factory default settings.
RESET: Click on the button.
RESTORE:
1. Press on the button continuously.
2. Wait for all LED blink fast.
3. Free the button.

Thanks for your reply. I managed to reset the camera and it works except the log shows that the camera is still talking to alarm.com. I was hoping to find the original firmware to remove these references. Does anyone know where one can find the firmware? Vivotek says that they no longer support the camera.

The alarm dot com stuff may be hard coded into the alarm dot com firmware. 

IE: the new Xfinity provided combination router / accesspoint modems provide free internet access via wireless to whomever is in the vicinity.  I looked the other day and you cannot remove this wireless access configuration.

You can block the in and out alarm dot com access on your firewall or just try to update the camera with Vivotek firmware.  Note it may brick your camera.

Yes, blocking at the firewall is one way although I preferred to update the firmware. The problem is I have not been able to find any firmware. If anyone can point me to it, that would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like you cannot change the firmware and will need to leave it as is from what I see with this post.

You could maybe take apart the camera and look for some JTAG pins, connect it to a terminal and interrupt the boot and force a manual firmware update using the Vivotek firmware...but this is a PITA and you will most likely brick the camera.

http://suretydiy.com/forums/topic/will-vivint-cameras-work/page/2/

20140424_095823.jpg

IMG_20140424_095850.jpg

Have you considered replacing the camera?  Discontinued Vivotek TC5633 camera goes for $50 used on Ebay.

Here is the posts relating to the Radio Shack camera redo of the firmware to the OEM firmware:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?s=02adc04ffb93a9cbc160ce709633a3fe&t=147771

If I read this correctly, they say that the ADC firmware is not available. However, I don't want the ADC firmware, I want the original TC5633 firmware (i.e. without the ADC changes).

From what I see the ADC firmware is locked.  I did look for the TC5633 firmware and cannot find it.  That said if there is a checksum when you try to upload the TC5633 firmware it may not work anyways.  As stated a used TC5633 can be purchased for around $50.

Back