Haiku Specified Order of Units in Rooms and Alphabetical Control Display

vschalin

I have programmed the specific order of my "Units" within each "Room" in PC Access. However, when they display in Haiku they are not in the same order as specified in PC Access. Can these please be made to match?

Aslo, when viewing all Units in the Controls screen, the Units display in their "#" column order from PC Access. My Units were added by my installer in a rather random order. This creates a haphazard ordering of my 150 Units when displayed in Haiku. I can sort the Units alphabetically in PC Access in the "Unit Name Description" column. I would like to view the Units in alphabetical order in Haiku. How do I make this happen?

Thanks for the help.

Sorry, currently these things cannot be changed. We will add it to the TODO list and see if we can work it in somehow in the future.

Thank you for the quick reply. I have noted your excellent customer support in these forums. Implementing the alphabetical listing (or user specified order) of Controls, Flags, Buttons, Outputs, Security, and others would significantly upgrade the usability of your product. I look forward to seeing this implementation. Thanks again.

I think this could be useful on a general base, not only in his case.

For example my system has developed thru years and in the beginning I didn't plan all the additions. So my shutter units have not consecutive numbers, and changing them would require an extensive software AND hardware reprogramming, which would be hard to do.

Renaming them to be displayed properly could be done via software in a much simplier way.

Here’s another up-vote for the TODO list item for respecting
the order of Units in Rooms in the PC Access Extended Setup.  I can believe it would probably be difficult
with rooms and units in the generic Units setup, but it sure seems like that
info would be available for Rooms defined in the Extended Setup…given the
toolbar buttons to move items up and down.

I wish to thank you for your superb software product. That said, I have requested HAI for a "ROOM" selection, for years. My elation was dashed upon finding out HAIKU could not maintain how it was set up in Snap-Link. I have re-written PC Access to accommodate my passion for a sequential arrangement over and over. PLEASE I "beg" you to re-evaluate this request. We really need your expertise.
Charles

just a quick observation for the room feature.  if you have a "button" saved under rooms, when you click it on haiku app the little popup box is so small you can't click the button.  this is in both landscape and portrait mode on my ipad mini.  not sure if it is the same thing on ipad.   for some reason, the mute does not work in audio (i have a russound mca-c5 connected serial to OP2).  so i made a "button" for audio mute and that works just fine.  can there be a bug in the mute command on haiku somehow?

Thanks for the report regarding the button.

Are you able to mute via an OmniTouch or other interface? It's likely that the Controller cannot mute your Russound.

lupinglade said:
Thanks for the report regarding the button.
Are you able to mute via an OmniTouch or other interface? It's likely that the Controller cannot mute your Russound.

Funny you should mention, all of the other HAI apps i use are unable to mute the russound when in "audio." But i can mute the audio through the controller if i make a button for mute. This method works perfectly. So i dont think its an issue with Haiku as all the other apps do this in my case. Any thoughts on why the controller can mute if making a button but not otherwise?

Its over a year later now and we still cannot control the ordering of the units and buttons, etc, in the interface according to how we set it up in PCAccess.  I have several deployments of HAI OmniPro around the country, and my clients are adamant about using Haikuhelper, ...and this has been a real bugaboo with everyone.

The Rooms feature is the best and only feature for managing "simplified" and "controlled" access for clients to automation features using Haikuhelper, and I get continual complaints about "fixing it".  Saying that "its broken until the software authors fix it" has run its course.

I really wish this would get fixed, and if/when its being planned, that we could be informed about it here.
Thank you.

twohawks said:
Its over a year later now and we still cannot control the ordering of the units and buttons, etc, in the interface according to how we set it up in PCAccess.  I have several deployments of HAI OmniPro around the country, and my clients are adamant about using Haikuhelper, ...and this has been a real bugaboo with everyone.

The Rooms feature is the best and only feature for managing "simplified" and "controlled" access for clients to automation features using Haikuhelper, and I get continual complaints about "fixing it".  Saying that "its broken until the software authors fix it" has run its course.

I really wish this would get fixed, and if/when its being planned, that we could be informed about it here.
Thank you.
This has been fixed in Space and will be fixed in Space Server. HaikuHelper has a design limitation that was making this fix very complex.

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Just found out about Space.  We just spent a bunch of money purchasing more Haiku Licenses (in the last few weeks).  I feel shortchanged not seeing anything mentioned on the Haiku website or at the app strore when purchasing ...about another/replacement product. 
On top of that, there's no tryout of Space, so we are simply expected to spend a fair amount of money just to check it out.
Add to that the very mixed reviews, and that its obviously still in beta...
...all this is not sitting well with me or my clients right now.

It appears Haiku will be no longer supported, correct?  So then is Haiku officially dropped (will become no longer available) as well?

My primary problems/issues with Haiku have mainly been cameras not showing up (same exact camera deployment in 3 to 4 places, one shows, several others do not), and the Rooms thing I spoke to here.
My clients primary issues are the interface being intuitive, and having quick and comprehensive access to things.

*With any new home-control app (I have other systems I maintain out there), my primary concern is that a Guest can enter the house and figure out how to use it with very little help/effort.  I am afraid Space appears to be moving away from "easier to use", with seemingly more focus on "cool interface" like so many things today.  I base this on all the feedback and reviews I have been able to read about its usability so far.

Just my reflections so far.

@twohawks: Haiku will remain available, but Space is the future and is getting the new development focus for reasons such as the example in the previous post. We've really improved the core of it to allow for much more improvement in the near future.

The UI in Space is designed to be better suited for touch screen use and is a lot more intuitive, whereas Haiku just displayed an overwhelming amount of information. We realize some advanced users do want to see more information so we will be working on fine tuning the balance.

Camera support has been greatly improved in Space and as I mentioned, the Rooms ordering issue is fixed.

Space is actually a lot simpler and more "guest" friendly I believe, its designed to make sense rather than flood the screen with information. You should test it out and see. We've worked hard to design Space for just this purpose.

Back