What do you guys think about tracking 'suggestions' per hardware/software solution (please read/answ

electron

Administrator
Staff member
This is something I have wanted to do for a while now, but only if Cocooners will use this resource.

I would like to create a database which tracks features members want in the next version of their favorite hardware/software, and then I'll do my best to let the manufacturers/authors know that this database exists, and give them the ability to give the suggestion a status, such as 'not possible, maybe, already on the list, no ...'.

Members will be able to rate these features, comment, and filter them by certain fields.

An example would be:

Manufacturer - product - short description - long description
ELK - M1XEP - Improve debugging - Allow the M1/M1XEP to log all TCP data to an external source to troubleshoot e-mail problems
Charmed Quark Systems - CQC - Add support for VBScript - Support for VBscript would make customizing CQC easier, lowering the steep learning curve.

What do you guys think?

Any product in the CocoonTech realm would be allowed on the list (will be extremely easy to sort by manufacturer), and I will be able to add more columns/fields if anyone thinks of something useful.

What do you guys think?

I think this would be a very valuable tool for the manufacturers!  It would be nice to hear some feed-back from their reps here as well.

Just created the back-end (ignore the ugly layout for now), feel free to play around with it.  The company field is populated from the Manufacturer list.   I am not going to promote this feature until I see people using it, and we have figured out what other fields I should add.

Once that's done, I'll make it so the manufacturer will get notified whenever a new request for their product has been created.

If it doesn't take off, then so be it, at least I tried :)

What about a generic company?  As an example, a few months ago I would have put RadioRa 2 support for any HA software company to implement.  Right now I would list Windows 8 "Modern" app support as a potential feature I would like to see.  So someone looking for that feature, could see in the status that X company implemented it first and that might sway a user as it did me with RadioRa 2 support in CQC. 

David

I'll have to give that one some thought, but I added this thread to my list of things to do, in case I forget about it.

Back