where to buy Outdoor low-light security cams

jeffx

Are there one or two web sites out there that will give me the best deal on outdoor, low light security cameras?

One of our members here (man, can't remember who it was) recommended THIS place. Seems like they have some good Sony 1/3 CCD Day/Night cameras for the $85 price range.

Stinger was the original poster for that company in this thread. It looks like the $75 bargain is gone, but they have other cameras starting at $65.

Stinger, how did those cameras work out for you? How did that company deal with your exchange for the wrong shipment? I see your webcams on your site, but I don't know what camera is what model.

Don't forget that Martin at Automated Outlet sells cameras too. He may not have the biggest selection, but I think he will price match if you find his stuff cheaper anyplace else.

I purchased a Wisecomm OC960 for $40 ($80+ at other sites) at Sam's Club. Color, 0.2 lux, 380 lines, 8 LEDs, audio, power supply and 100 ft cable (audio, video and power).

I'm very satisfied with the picture quality. With the cables and power supply included at this price, I'm going back for a few more to use these for my other indoor and front door cameras.

I'm going to try this camera for my driveway and if I like it, I'll buy another one for my back deck.

Supplementing these with the web cams at each of my computers and one Linksys 802.11b camera that a bought for $57 on buy.com.

Looking at the dvr capture cards mentioned in the Security forum and Active WebCam software to manage them all.

Hey Jeff:

Does that WiseComm switch to black and white at night? It's a CMOS plus it's spec says a minimum of 0.2 lux illumination needed. Not sure how that will work out at night.

You may want to spend a little more and get a CCD, or at least get one and compare the quality.

Edit: I see you got one of those for the driveway camera. I wish they had a few more specs on that on the web site.

BraveSirRobbin said:
Hey Jeff:

Does that WiseComm switch to black and white at night? It's a CMOS plus it's spec says a minimum of 0.2 lux illumination needed. Not sure how that will work out at night.
Yes, it goes to b&w in low light conditions.

WayneW said:
Stinger was the original poster for that company in this thread. It looks like the $75 bargain is gone, but they have other cameras starting at $65.

Stinger, how did those cameras work out for you? How did that company deal with your exchange for the wrong shipment? I see your webcams on your site, but I don't know what camera is what model.

Don't forget that Martin at Automated Outlet sells cameras too. He may not have the biggest selection, but I think he will price match if you find his stuff cheaper anyplace else.
Sorry, I haven't been reading the forums lately as work has had me traveling all over the world.

Those cameras are installed with the exception of one (porch), and can be seen in action on my website (www.intellishack.com). The Gazebo camera and the camera pointing at the shed are using the $75 cams. Their low light capabilities are great. I did however go a bit of a lazy route and cut the wires of the existing B&W cameras that also had audio and used them for the new cameras (clipped ends and rewired). Although their quality is still great, I think I may need some baluns for them.

The company sent me the armored / waterproof cameras that were similar to the ones I ordered, but $10 more expensive on their site. They agreed for me to ship them back, but in the end I kept them. I would highly recommend them. As I mentioned in my other thread, the price was excellent compared to other froogle prices.

Where are you guys seeing prices? I think I have the correct link but can seem to see any prices.

I haven't been out to the store lately, but was cleaning up personal email tonight and found my invoice...

Name Code Qty Each Options
---------------------------------------------------------------
G4-12EXS day/night color G4-12EXS 3 75.00
weatherproof camera
EX-48S Sony 1/3" Super EX-48S 2 124.00
HAD CCD Color Camera
Subtotal 473.00
Shipping 16.77
Tax 42.22
Total 531.99

That may be a link to the manufacturers site, we weren't 100% sure. Maybe now that Stinger is a customer, he can confirm. For prices, look at the store site I linked to.

I see the The EX48S but not the G4-12EXS . Do these come with wiring or is that extra?

Back