OmniTouch 7

Desert_AIP

Just got the Worthington flyer for the new 7" widescreen OmniTouch 7 touchscreen.
A faster processor would do wonders for the Leviton/HAI touchscreens.
The ad says priced lower than the 5.7e.
Shipping next month.

Anyone know any specs or details?

It appears to be a 7" capacitive POE touchscreen with a 800x480 resolution.  The cutout size appears to be 6”x4”x1”, while the exterior dimensions are 7.25"x5.125"x0.55".  I guess with a little drywall patching this could be an easy replacement for existing 5.7e screens (5.625"x5.125")?

I'm curious about further details, e.g. will Automation Studio still be used?  If not, will there be yet another tool required for customization?  What is the underlying operating system on the touchscreens, still Windows CE, real Windows, or Android, or something else?  Will the browser be fully-featured (modern Javascript support, Flash, HTML5, etc)?

Yes there is, but the crummy part is that there is no longer any customization.  You get the baked in interface and that's it. 

Pretty much a deal breaker for custom jobs.  I wonder if they are trying to shift the market focus to Leviton electricians that don't really have any HA backgrounds.  Now they can install Vizia RF (aka Z-Wave), throw an HAI panel in, and a few fancy touchscreens with very little programming.

neillt said:
Yes there is, but the crummy part is that there is no longer any customization.  You get the baked in interface and that's it. 

Pretty much a deal breaker for custom jobs.  I wonder if they are trying to shift the market focus to Leviton electricians that don't really have any HA backgrounds.  Now they can install Vizia RF (aka Z-Wave), throw an HAI panel in, and a few fancy touchscreens with very little programming.

Yep, that would be a deal breaker.

Back to the OmniTouchPro and third party touchscreens idea for me.

I am curious about this endeavor and touchscreen.  I have various sizes of capacitance touchscreens today in the home. 

I am moving toward a 16:9 type of LCD touchscreen displays a litte bit at a time. 

I do like the ability to have a preconfigured touchscreen and the ability to have a modified to my needs custom touchscreen. 

From reading the PDF above it appears to be semi-customizable.
Adding buttons to rooms and configuring rooms with the extended functions.

I assume some of the missing functions in the initial release may be incorporated in firmware revisions.

Yeah here I purchased an inwall POE Android XX resistive device a while back. 

Personally didn't like the firmware such that I replaced it trying different things modifying it a bit. 

Think I did brick the device a "few times" while playing thinking it was never going to come back to life.

After a few tweaks it was still only OK for me; still not really what I wanted.

So today it resides in the whenever I get to pile of or box o automation stuff. 

I tried unsucessfuly to remove pieces of the OS that were worthless for my endeavor but good for PDA phones which it wasn't.

I am wondering what "Not based on the current Android app!" in the Intro piece of the PDF means?

pete_c said:
I am wondering what "Not based on the current Android app!" in the Intro piece of the PDF means?

I take that to mean it's all new code and not based upon HAI's existing Android SnapLink application.

Back