Homeseer and New HAI LTe Board

jlwaldo1620

I have been doing light weight HA for 10 years.  Began with x-10 and still use some modules.  For the past three years I have had Homeseer in combo with Omni Pro II.  I damaged the board when moving it to a new house some time ago (dead short on siren).  It generally worked but, it could do no powerline control.  Recently it began to act pretty weird, so I began searching for a replacement and stumbled on the Omni LTe board.  I have a small house.  This board seemed perfect. 

Sadly, I did not look into compatability with Homeseer plugins.

Anyone know a way to interface the board with Homeseer?

It is not offered as an option in the plugin config screen. I have tried all models in the list, but none will communicate.

Thx

I posted a new thread under the Homeseer support plugin topic on the Homeseer board and the thread was removed without explanation??????? Wassup with that?

Unfortunately Homeseer no longer supports HAI plugin and the new LTe model is not a part of the existing plugin. You may have to look to other software like CQS if you want full control of your HAI board. If you are a programmer, your other options would be to purchase the plugin source code and modify it to include LTe, or get Haiku application (runs on Mac OS only) and interface it with Homeseer using Haiku API.

Looking to build a new HAI plugin for HS3.  It would be Linux based running on a different box (any linux box) or even on an HS3 Linux based box. 

So far though I am not seeing much interest (so far only two HS users are interested) in said plugin. 

Initially it would run by itself (with a crude but functional GUI) with no connectivity to HS3 for testing purposes.

A nice round number of 10 $125 users would start development of said plugin within the next few weeks and you would become a beta tester of said plugin. 

Have a look here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1071648#post1071648

How is the LTE working out so far ? I'm considering purchasing one for a new construction and would like some reviews/feedback on it.

I see you're a GTR owner, are you on GTR-Life, I'm on there with the same screen name ?

DIY'er said:
I have been doing light weight HA for 10 years.  Began with x-10 and still use some modules.  For the past three years I have had Homeseer in combo with Omni Pro II.  I damaged the board when moving it to a new house some time ago (dead short on siren).  It generally worked but, it could do no powerline control.  Recently it began to act pretty weird, so I began searching for a replacement and stumbled on the Omni LTe board.  I have a small house.  This board seemed perfect. 

Sadly, I did not look into compatability with Homeseer plugins.

Anyone know a way to interface the board with Homeseer?

It is not offered as an option in the plugin config screen. I have tried all models in the list, but none will communicate.

Thx

Back